Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2021, 12:20 PM   #1

Dumping tanks

I was enjoying the thread about black tank mishaps (I have been lucky so far) and was interested in your opinion about using the landing gear to "tip" the 2020 Precept 34G to the left to enable more efficient tank emptying.

After our camping, I feel I'm getting good flow but when looking into the tank from the toilet, it appears to be too much left in the tank. I am still working on the tank sensors (always reading 1/3-2/3 full) and have used Cascade as well as the usual tank treatments. I do have a tan flush which doesn't seem to make a difference.

I do enjoy reading all the threads I can, many times just thinking I have been so lucky!!
Thanks.
cpcleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:48 AM   #2

Try borax and dawn dish soap to clean sensors. As far as tank not looking empty have seen complaints of sagging tanks between the straps.
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:35 AM   #3

I use the black tank flush, swivel stick down the toilet and, sometimes a Homer bucket or two of water dumped right down the toilet to try to clear the sensors in my Precept 31UL.
It works, sometimes.

Black tank readings often pop right back up to 1/3 and even 2/3.
Frustrating !
bykerhd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, emptying, sensors