Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2017, 09:53 AM   #1

Electrical Question 2017 Alante 31V

How do I find out what outlets are powered by what circuit? I have a problem with blowing breakers and GFI, and it would be nice to know what goes to where. When the generator is operating vs shoreline plugged in.

I like to use a Skillet when cooking breakfast, and when weather permits, I cook outside. Seems like the draw is too much for the GFI circuit located in the outdoor entertainment center.
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:06 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Get a plug in circuit tester.
Shut off one breaker at a time and see which plugs go dead.
Or plug a light into each outlet and map breakers to determine which plugs are on same breaker.
Repeat for each breaker.

Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:54 AM   #3

The only difference between shore power and genset is the power source. They both feed the distribution panel and the same breakers located on the converter. On my MH there's a transfer switch that automatically switches to genset source (after 20 seconds) if it's running.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:03 PM   #4
RWK

Inside your compartment with your propane and batteries is a connection for a propane hose. Get a grill that runs off the propane. (Or convert one you have) We use a Coleman stove. It works great. The coach runs off 30 amp, and the power management system works well, but the shore power breaker will trip is you pull to much juice. Running off the propane for cooking solves that issue...... Enjoy your coach.
RWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:14 PM   #5

Looking at this guy here. Not sure about the sides not coming up to keep my runny foods from going all over, but this might do the trick, and I can get rid of the electric skillets then.

Just need the proper hoses to hook it up to the Coach.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ENX3VX2..._t1_B0195MZHBK
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:48 PM   #6
RWK

That grill looks nice. I use this one. It lets me but accessories for a flat top, a grill or a grate which allows me to put a skillet on it. I followed the instructions from this gentleman in the video to convert it for my RV. It works as promised. https://youtu.be/cq9yZ6y-H2s
RWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:03 PM   #7

You do have to be aware of what is on the same circuit. We tripped the switch at genset in Texas when the a/c was on and we turned on the microwave while on generator power. I agree with the idea of using a propane grill outside, which we have and uses the included quick disconnect.
Allen_C is offline   Reply With Quote