Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2020, 09:41 PM   #1
EJB

Equalizer Jack warning while driving

Just purchased a Used 2019 Precept 31. On my first two trips, I’ve had the control panel for the equalizer jack system start beeping and flashing as I’m going down the road. It eventually stopped. Otherwise, the system works properly. Any ideas what might be causing this?
EJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 06:54 AM   #2

We have experienced this too in our Alante 31v sometimes going over sections of rough road or train train tracks.

Per Randy Bowling, Service and Warranty Manager at Equilizer Systems;

Remove the 4 screws from the touchpad.
Unplug the wire connection that has the 2 red wires and 1 black wire.
Leave it unplugged for 10 sec
Plug back in and screw down touchpad.
See if that corrects it.
If not contact him at 800-846-9659 x339
Old 08-16-2020, 08:01 AM   #3

Check your fluid level in the reservoir when the jacks are fully retracted. There is a fine line between full and having to add some to bring it up the level that won’t cause an alarm.
When the jacks are fully deployed the fluid is drawn down in the reservoir so you may want to look at the tank then so you have a comparison to where the level is between the two jack positions. Never add fluid to the tank when the jacks are deployed or you will overfill it. Check your owners manual for the correct fluid to use.
I had this happen to me early on in my ownership and had to add fluid after I had a leaking jack repaired. I now carry a quart of Dexron III in one of my storage compartments. Have fun and enjoy the lifestyle.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:58 PM   #4
EJB

Where is this reservoir located?
Old 08-16-2020, 06:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJB View Post
Where is this reservoir located?
In our Alante it's next to the battery tray, above the propane tank
Old 08-24-2020, 10:43 AM   #6
EJB

I’ve searched for this reservoir on our our 2019 Precept UL and can’t find it. Can anyone help me locate this?
Old 08-24-2020, 06:50 PM   #7

As Allen C mentioned you should have a compartment door that has your onboard propane tank and two coach batteries. On our coaches the fluid reservoir for the leveling system is also in this compartment. It’s possible yours is different but doesn’t seem likely as this is not a design that changes much between models and years.
If you still can’t find it then call Jayco Motorized CS and ask them. You will need to provide your VIN number.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:56 PM   #8

Might help. We have 36U precept. The hydraulic unit is on the bottom of the coach centered behind the rear end differential. Stupid location at least on the 36U
JohnH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:06 PM   #9
EJB

Lift fluid reservoir

2019 Jayco Precept 31UL
Well, I finally found it! In the very rear of the coach, it’s mounted above the trailer hitch. How I would access any part of it, or add fluid is beyond me. I watched a video recently on how to manually raise the levelers in the case of a power failure. On that coach, it was out in the open. There’s not a chance in .... I could pull that off where this is positioned. You would almost need an access door in the rear of the coach. Very curious, as most of the people posting on here are mechanically gifted, has anyone else looked at this? Seems like an impossible place to locate this.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:22 PM   #10
CAG

Turn the control panel OFF. You don't need it running while you are driving (you're not going to put the jacks down while driving). It is tell you that it is on and needs to be turned off. It won't bother you after that because it is off.

I had this happen also and simply hit the off button. Mine will not operate anyway, unless the vehicle's emergency brake is on.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:26 PM   #11
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice1951 View Post
As Allen C mentioned you should have a compartment door that has your onboard propane tank and two coach batteries. On our coaches the fluid reservoir for the leveling system is also in this compartment. It’s possible yours is different but doesn’t seem likely as this is not a design that changes much between models and years.
If you still can’t find it then call Jayco Motorized CS and ask them. You will need to provide your VIN number.

I suggest trying to keep threads to one topic and not pulling them off on other research. It gets way too convoluted.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Turn the control panel OFF. You don't need it running while you are driving (you're not going to put the jacks down while driving). It is tell you that it is on and needs to be turned off. It won't bother you after that because it is off.

I had this happen also and simply hit the off button. Mine will not operate anyway, unless the vehicle's emergency brake is on.
Perhaps the Jayco Class A leveling control is different than the Class C leveling control because it will alarm when the control is turned OFF and the fluid level is too low.