Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-15-2018, 11:59 AM   #1

Factory Cable TV Wired Incorrectly

I have a new 2018 Jayco Precept V Class A Motorhome. On our first trip to a RV Park that offered Cable TV, I found that my TV picture was terrible. I downloaded some photos of RV Cable TV Wiring Diagrams and found that my RV was wired incorrectly. Basically the Output and Input cables were reversed. Once I swapped out the connections, the picture came in beautifully. On our next trip we had joined a friend of ours who just purchased a new 2018 Baja Trailer. Her Cable TV was doing the same thing as mine had done. I checked out the wiring on her Rig and it was wired exactly as mine had been, incorrect. Again, a simple swap of the input and output cables and the TV picture came in beautifully.

I am asumming that someone at the Factory is wiring all these RV's incorrectly. Both rigs were purchased at different Dealerships so I'm thinking the problem was at the factory.

Photos of the proper cable hookup can be found on my Album

DaveLorene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:37 PM   #2

You may also find that the TV's sold with your coach may not work on some cable systems without a cable box.

Our 2016 Precept 35S came with Seiki TV's, none of which were cable ready. They worked great off the King rooftop antenna for 3 months (another story) but never worked with typical RV park cable systems.

Jayco replaced all three TV's under warranty. After two years and multiple dealer service visits they claim to have found a crushed cable connector behind the refrigerator. Will know for sure before the end of 2018.