Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-20-2017, 03:07 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
I saw a "youtube" were a guy adjusted both. Also there was much discussion over it that the alternate holes are for the brakes in the back and should not be used to readjust the sway. Has anybody heard that the sway bar has broken because it needs to absorb more stress after the CHF

Thank you for your replies.
Sadie, I have read a lot of comments in different forums and not yet seen any mention of broken sway bars. Seems to be more discussions around longer connecting link bars or link bars with multiple holes to "fine tune" the ride. Some guys use longer links to get the sway bar back to a level position.

I've reached the point of saturation and decided to concentrate on steering and front end handling. The rear maybe can wait a while.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:32 PM   #22

Sadie,
Looks like everyone has answered your questions, but to reiterate, you don't have to do both front and rear, and while I haven't done the rear I'm sure it will also help with the sway, etc. If your MH is on the Ford F53 chassis, like mine, I used the Saf-T-Plus model #41-180. You'll also need the appropriate mounting kit, based on your exact year and model Ford chassis.
These will make a significant and positive difference in how the MH handles and make the drive more enjoyable.
Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
nolosrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:38 AM   #23

Thank you all for the reply. I will let you know how it went.My Precept 35S will be ready end of March for pick-up, so it will be a while, but I like to have all things lined-up with no surprises. Meaning there will be some hidden one anyway
Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote