Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2016, 06:20 PM   #1

First Weekend A Success!

We just got back from our first weekend out with our new 35S. We picked a favorite campground that is on the Skagit River and has water and electric (50 AMP at our site) hookups. No sewer, but there is a dump station.

My husband found the drive to be very nice. This was the first time driving it, except for the test drive before delivery and the drive home from the dealer (all of 50 miles). We noticed very few rattles and the ride was comfortable. We were getting quite a noise from wind from the passenger side of the coach. We were afraid that it could be a windshield problem (the dealer had to replace it after the drive from the factory--big rock hit it). Anyway, when I unlatched the window, the sound went away. I realized it was not closed tightly and the latch was pushing on the window.

Backing the coach into the site was very easy. So much easier than maneuvering a trailer. We were set up in just a few minutes. Love this being able to push buttons and you're done!!

We arrived in 85 degree weather, so with 50 AMPs we ran both AC's to cool us down. No problems there. We tried to use as many of the features as possible to make sure everything worked. I have to say that I love the icemaker!!!

We like having the stereo outside to hook up the ipod and listen to tunes while relaxing around the campfire.

The only downside to the weekend was the tankless water heater. I honestly believe that thing should be an option for those that want it and always park with sewer hookups. Otherwise, if you have to be careful on filling the gray water tank (2 days is no big deal, but longer could be). then this thing is a bust. When washing dishes, I turn off the faucet and then back on when ready to rinse. Cold water. Wait......Ah, there's the hot...and so it goes. Our dealer told us to give it a little time to see if we liked it, but I think one weekend is plenty. He told us to gripe to Jayco to see if we could get it replaced. We may just do that.

Our only other issues were a small leak in the compartment with the water hookups (some fitting isn't tight). Also, and tell me if anyone else has this problem, the drivers seat is very different from the passenger seat. The seat cushion is mushier (the passenger seat has a nice firm seat), and the armrests are too high on the drivers seat. My husband is 6'2" and the armrests are too high for him. He isn't able to drive with them down. You can look at the two seats and see the difference.

Other than that, it was a great weekend. We didn't want to come home, but fortunately we get to head out for Memorial Day to Leavenworth, WA and enjoy some Bavarian charm!!

Hope you all had a great weekend!!!
luv2camp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:37 PM   #2

Congrats on the weekend. You have made us jealous . As for the wind noise, we discovered that on our test drive and figured out it was not closed completely.
Doesn't sound like the tankless water heater is any better than the last generation. We were hoping for improvement.
We pick up the East Coast Monster on Saturday, first outing will be in the driveway. We gave everything away with the last RV, so we are starting from scratch again, need to make a new 'Do Not Forget' list.
Enjoy your Monster, Happy Camping!!!!!!!
WeRmudfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:56 PM   #3

Awesome,congrats...we too just got back from our first trip overnight for a dance competition..no camp site here,Walmart overnight..lol..worked out great..
Mudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:12 PM   #4

Congrats on the new coach and a good weekend. Hope you create many happy memories in the coming years.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:09 AM   #5

Glad you had great maiden voyage! Give the tankless a few more tries. We did not like ours at first either but now think it is a good idea.

I fold a very large beach towel to fit the seat and sit on it. This really helps me.
an Aluma low bed trailer with HD Road King and/or Polaris RZR onboard
mowdoc is offline   Reply With Quote