Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2018, 02:56 PM   #1

Flip-up TV mount in bedroom (Alante)

We have a 2016 Alante and have the connections in the bedroom for a TV. The connections are in the top-center storage cabinet. I've been thinking about the best way to mount a smallish TV to the cabinet door but this weekend, we saw the new 2018 Alante has a flip-up mount for a TV that replaces the door. Attached is a picture with the TV flipped-up. I asked the dealer about getting one and got no help. I called Jayco but they told me to ask my dealer. Does anyone know where I can get one of these mounts? Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
TV_Mount.JPG  

berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:10 PM   #2

Your best bet is jayco motorized customer service or maybe jayco parts. My precept has one but no name identification of part.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkster View Post
Your best bet is jayco motorized customer service or maybe jayco parts. My precept has one but no name identification of part.
Knowing there is no part number will save me some time in tracking this down. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2018, 04:40 AM   #4

I looked at the Jayco site and the sales brochures for both the 2018 Alante and Precept models show this new mount.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:19 AM   #5

That's good it means it still exists. You could call 800-517-9137 (jayco motorized) and somewhere in the automated menu they say 'jayco parts'. I bet those guys would help you if CS does not. I also found online jaycorvparts.com. they have 2015 parts catalog downloadable but I could not find the mount your after.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:54 AM   #6

I have that same mount in my 2016 Alante, but haven't seen a name or number on it.
Mitch S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:10 PM   #7

I have a 2018 Alante that did not have a bedroom TV. I purchased my own TV from Best Buy and built my own flip up mount. Pretty easy; cut a piece of 1/2" plywood the same size as the existing cabinet door. Drilled a hole in the plywood for the cables. Painted it black and attached a simple TV mounting bracket. Removed the hinges and spring latch from the old cabinet door, mounted the hinges to the top instead of side of the plywood and then mounted it all to the cabinet. Mounted the spring latch to one side of the door and cabinet and purchased a second one for the other side. Measurements are critical so it is all centered and the TV clears the ceiling. I have not attached gas springs yet, not sure I have to. Total cost of mount about $25 including the TV mount. Vizio HD TV was about $100. I can post pics if you want, just let me know.
HJ Rosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:27 AM   #8

The service guy at the RV show where I saw the mount suggested that I save some money and build my own mount as you described. Some pictures of your handiwork would be great and I'm sure others would be interested as well. Thanks, Bill
Old 02-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #9

Yes, I will take a set of photos for you and the group. My Alante is at the Ford shop right now and I hope to get it back tomorrow or early next week and then I will take the pics.
HJ Rosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:10 PM   #10

My 2016 has one, works well

viking42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alante, mount, television