Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2018, 03:56 PM   #1

Flip-up TV mount in bedroom (Alante)

We have a 2016 Alante and have the connections in the bedroom for a TV. The connections are in the top-center storage cabinet. I've been thinking about the best way to mount a smallish TV to the cabinet door but this weekend, we saw the new 2018 Alante has a flip-up mount for a TV that replaces the door. Attached is a picture with the TV flipped-up. I asked the dealer about getting one and got no help. I called Jayco but they told me to ask my dealer. Does anyone know where I can get one of these mounts? Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
TV_Mount.JPG  
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:10 PM   #2

Your best bet is jayco motorized customer service or maybe jayco parts. My precept has one but no name identification of part.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkster View Post
Your best bet is jayco motorized customer service or maybe jayco parts. My precept has one but no name identification of part.
Knowing there is no part number will save me some time in tracking this down. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2018, 05:40 AM   #4

I looked at the Jayco site and the sales brochures for both the 2018 Alante and Precept models show this new mount.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:19 AM   #5

That's good it means it still exists. You could call 800-517-9137 (jayco motorized) and somewhere in the automated menu they say 'jayco parts'. I bet those guys would help you if CS does not. I also found online jaycorvparts.com. they have 2015 parts catalog downloadable but I could not find the mount your after.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #6

I have that same mount in my 2016 Alante, but haven't seen a name or number on it.
Mitch S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:10 PM   #7

I have a 2018 Alante that did not have a bedroom TV. I purchased my own TV from Best Buy and built my own flip up mount. Pretty easy; cut a piece of 1/2" plywood the same size as the existing cabinet door. Drilled a hole in the plywood for the cables. Painted it black and attached a simple TV mounting bracket. Removed the hinges and spring latch from the old cabinet door, mounted the hinges to the top instead of side of the plywood and then mounted it all to the cabinet. Mounted the spring latch to one side of the door and cabinet and purchased a second one for the other side. Measurements are critical so it is all centered and the TV clears the ceiling. I have not attached gas springs yet, not sure I have to. Total cost of mount about $25 including the TV mount. Vizio HD TV was about $100. I can post pics if you want, just let me know.
HJ Rosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:27 AM   #8

The service guy at the RV show where I saw the mount suggested that I save some money and build my own mount as you described. Some pictures of your handiwork would be great and I'm sure others would be interested as well. Thanks, Bill
Old 02-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #9

Yes, I will take a set of photos for you and the group. My Alante is at the Ford shop right now and I hope to get it back tomorrow or early next week and then I will take the pics.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:10 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to viking42
My 2016 has one, works well
viking42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #11

Flip Up TV Mount

I finally got my Alante back from Ford yesterday and took a few pics of the flip up TV mount I made in the bedroom. Hope these help. Other than the black paint drying on the plywood this took about 1-1/2 hours to do and cost $5.00 for the plywood and $10.00 for the TV mount at Best Buy. The TV was $100. Two cautions: measure TV location on plywood to be sure you can lift it up without hitting the ceiling and mount the plywood so it evenly covers the opening.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1182.jpg   IMG_1103.jpg   IMG_1183 (2).jpg   IMG_1184.jpg   IMG_1187 (1).jpg  

Old 02-10-2018, 05:06 PM   #12

Many thanks. I'll probably try this myself. -Bill
Old 06-27-2018, 01:50 PM   #13

mounting tv 2018 alante 26x

It is prewired for the tv on the back wall just want to make sure we mount in a stud the stud finder shows where the stud is but dose not feel like a stud is there any suggestion on how to make sure.
msaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by berwin View Post
Many thanks. I'll probably try this myself. -Bill
How did it go?? Did you ever find that mount? I’m needing the same thing��. Or did you make your own??
NewtoRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ Rosch View Post
I finally got my Alante back from Ford yesterday and took a few pics of the flip up TV mount I made in the bedroom. Hope these help. Other than the black paint drying on the plywood this took about 1-1/2 hours to do and cost $5.00 for the plywood and $10.00 for the TV mount at Best Buy. The TV was $100. Two cautions: measure TV location on plywood to be sure you can lift it up without hitting the ceiling and mount the plywood so it evenly covers the opening.
This is so good, if I don’t find the other one I’m using your great idea. Thank you.
Old 03-21-2021, 04:41 AM   #16

NewtoRV, I got the Jayco part number and ordered it through my nearest dealer. I went through the new units on their lot until I found one with the mount I needed and then went to the parts department with the unit's VIN number which allowed the service manager to contact Jayco for a replacement. The part number was 0246352. I took a picture of the service manager's note while he was on the phone with Jayco (attached). I also got some gas struts from Amazon to complete the install. The link to the struts is: amazon.com/gp/product/B01AHHCHBK/.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3656.jpg   Jayco TTV Mount.jpg  
Yamaha XT250
Old 03-21-2021, 12:29 PM   #17

Yay! Thank you. We might me OCD twins😂😂😩😂😂😂. Well I hope my 32in work because that’s what I’m mounting😂. Right now I’m using anti tip straps.
Attached Thumbnails
4F2C6BD5-C64B-4768-A23D-DDB491778802.jpg   E9C9A65F-A0A7-45CD-84FA-35C76F333E03.jpg  
Old 07-22-2023, 09:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by berwin View Post
NewtoRV, I got the Jayco part number and ordered it through my nearest dealer. I went through the new units on their lot until I found one with the mount I needed and then went to the parts department with the unit's VIN number which allowed the service manager to contact Jayco for a replacement. The part number was 0246352. I took a picture of the service manager's note while he was on the phone with Jayco (attached). I also got some gas struts from Amazon to complete the install. The link to the struts is: amazon.com/gp/product/B01AHHCHBK/.
I stumbled across this thread in search of how to mount tv in bedroom of our new 29S. Contacted Jayco Parts with part number above and received a quote of $728........whole option including tv is only $383. Building my own today.
friedenfels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alante, mount, television