Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2018, 04:22 AM   #1

Angry From bad to worse..... Terrible warranty service experience...

So this has nothing to do with Jayco (the company) yet. We'll see how they handle it. I was having trouble with my heater core, suspected a leak, and was told I needed to find an Evans TempCon service center. I found one, and Jayco authorized taking it in for repairs.....

Yesterday I picked my motorhome up from Pardo Fleet Services - the Evans warranty center. To say I was, and am, upset would be an understatement. When I dropped the coach off it was leaking antifreeze due to a suspect heater core. When I dropped it off there were no other issues with the coach and it was in nearly new condition - everything worked.

When I picked it up the heater core issue did seem to have been resolved, but I found a host of new issues. The air selector switch no longer worked, meaning the system would only blow air out of the floor vents and defrost, not the dash. There were grease stains on my carpets - several of them and well ground in. The carpet covering the 'dog house' was left loose and the dog house itself was not reinstalled correctly; if you lean on it you can watch it drop another 1"-2" down. There is at least one screw that I don't think is grabbing anything and the way it moves I think the 'lip' the dog house is anchored to might be bent. My radio would not work; it wouldn't even power on. No radio meant no cameras or GPS. One of the screws holding the center console to the dash was stripped and falling out, and the fresh air/recirculated air damper (gate, whatever) would no longer open/close - it flaps in the wind, can be moved without resistance by one finger and is defaulted in the recirculate position.

When I brought these issues to the attention of the shop manager I was told that it must've been that way when I brought it in, that they didn't even work on the inside. I guess the dog house removed itself. They wouldn't refused to take responsibility for the issues or even take a second look at the coach. I dropped off a near mint coach and was given back a pile. I have notified Jayco and Evans TempCon. Hopefully someone stands behind this train wreck. If you ever need service and are sent to Pardo run, don't walk, to anywhere else.

cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:46 AM   #2

HMMM.....Pretty hard to get to the heater core without removing the doghouse I'd think. I'd contact someone higher up than the shop manager.
1955farm is offline   Reply With Quote