Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-26-2020, 05:20 PM   #1

From Class c to Class A with the 2021 Alante 27a

Hello Everyone!

My bro and I just upgraded from a 2018 Thor Freedom Elite 23h class c and picked up our new 2021 Jayco Alante 27a. We got it from an out of state dealer in PA so had a 2.5 hr ride back home. Much nicer ride than a class C and so far no major issues. Complaints so far are the dining seat back cushions fall down when driving and lack of trash can cabinet. We got the modern farm house interior and really like the lighting. Here are few pics and look forward to meeting some other Jayco owners

Cheers,
Richie
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9406.jpg   IMG_9409.jpg   IMG_9411.jpg   IMG_9412.jpg   IMG_9413.jpg  

RealEstateRichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 11:40 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State! Congratulations on the new Alante!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 11:42 PM   #3

Glad that you like your new Alante.

Is it 50 amp or 30 amp?
Does it have pullout laptop table on passenger seat?
How much(percentage) off from MSRP?
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:00 AM   #4

Welcome and congratulations... Many memories to be made!
Old 12-27-2020, 12:46 PM   #5

Congratulations on the new rig and welcome to the JOF. You can always put some stick-on Velcro on the back of the cushions and seat back to help hold them in place while traveling. Eventually you will also figure out the best way to handle the trash. The longer you own it the more mods you will plan on doing. Good luck.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:43 AM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Welcome and congrats on the new ride.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:53 AM   #7

Congratulations!! We have an Alante 27A on order and are anxiously waiting its arrival. Since you had a long drive after purchase, did you notice any handling issues? Thank you and ENJOY!!!
byanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:35 PM   #8

Thank you sir!
Old 01-04-2021, 08:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsky View Post
Glad that you like your new Alante.

Is it 50 amp or 30 amp? 30 amp
Does it have pullout laptop table on passenger seat? Yes
How much(percentage) off from MSRP?
$91K sale price
Old 01-04-2021, 08:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by byanik View Post
Congratulations!! We have an Alante 27A on order and are anxiously waiting its arrival. Since you had a long drive after purchase, did you notice any handling issues? Thank you and ENJOY!!!
Rode much better than our Thor 23 Class C thats for sure. Still feel a good breeze but so much more of a comfortable ride. Getting use to this massive window though HAHAH!
Old 01-06-2021, 04:08 PM   #11

Welcome and I'm in the same boat as you, in that I traded up from a 2020 Winnebago Vita 24P to the 2021 Altante' 27A. I'd be glad to exchange tips, tricks and experiences as I've had a few since taking possession late October. Good Luck and 'enjoy the ride'. ...
Davidarm320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:54 AM   #12

Hahaha I had to laugh when I read your post. We purchased ours 3 weeks ago now and the things that irritated were the seat back cushions not staying up and nowhere to put the trash!
We had a great weekend last week with ours in a state park and loved it. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we are.
Pamlogan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:22 AM   #13

Our seatbacks are the same, a little extra velcro works. Trash....we found a black trash can at Walmart with a pop up lid that fits right under the foldup 'prep' table on the end of the counter when the table is raised.....stores near the kitchen when we're riding. Enjoy!!!!
Old 01-25-2021, 01:23 PM   #14

Purchased ours 10 months ago. Recommend following:
- front end alignment and check wheel lug nut torques
- removed and took apart front grill in order to paint stiffener which was a rusty mess
- replaced shower head with Dura faucet pressure assist hand held
- removed regulator in Weber Q2200 bbq and attach to RV with 12’ hose and quick connect
- installed keyless entry by RVlock. Easy install
USNA79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:35 PM   #15

Hi....do you think it warrants purchasing a torque wrench ...something we'd need often?

A.I did the grill fix you mentioned.
B.Removed over spray from the grill where they tried to hide the rusting 'mess' you mentioned.
C. Can you share more information about the keyless lock? Model etc..
D. Does the Dura nozzle really improve things?
E. Had the front end aligned twice.
F. Installed a Safe-T front end stablizer
G. Installed a Super Steer Rear trac stablizer.

Please let me know about the lock.....Happy Trails.....Dave
Old 01-25-2021, 03:43 PM   #16

Hi Dave. The RVlock model was Class C/A. I installed this on a 2020 Alante 27A with a Bauer door lock. I had to trim the hole a little with a mat knife and fine tuned the depth of the two studs (they screw in or out) that are above and below the deadbolt. As for a torque wrench, yes it’s worth purchasing one. I use it on all my vehicles. Happy RVing, Dave
Old 01-25-2021, 04:01 PM   #17

Dave, As for the Dura nozzle, it has a much bigger head and ingests air to increase pressure. It’s better than the stock head and is made by the same manufacturer as the OEM shower nozzle, so it’s an easy update.

I have not made any upgrades to the suspension. I plan to trade in for a pusher when I do that much roadwork.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:11 AM   #18

Just changed out my OEM shocks to Koni shocks and installed front Sumo springs on my 2018 31UL. Rear trac bar and front steering stabilizer were already installed. Did the springs myself, about an hour and a half job, not bad at all. General RV quoted me 1.5hr per shock to install at $160/hr.... that's $960!!! Call a big truck suspension and alignment place... $40/shock = $160. Added alignment for $250. Drove home on the Interstate and all of a sudden noted I was doing 70 with a smooth ride, normally stay at 60-65. You look at how the Sumo springs work and it's obvious they are a great upgrade.
TGoldsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:48 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGoldsbury View Post
Just changed out my OEM shocks to Koni shocks and installed front Sumo springs on my 2018 31UL. Rear trac bar and front steering stabilizer were already installed. Did the springs myself, about an hour and a half job, not bad at all. General RV quoted me 1.5hr per shock to install at $160/hr.... that's $960!!! Call a big truck suspension and alignment place... $40/shock = $160. Added alignment for $250. Drove home on the Interstate and all of a sudden noted I was doing 70 with a smooth ride, normally stay at 60-65. You look at how the Sumo springs work and it's obvious they are a great upgrade.
Hi...I need a little clarification if you will....are you saying I can install the Koni shocks and Sumo springs myself? OR are you suggesting, I source them and have a local tire/suspension shop install them? Thanks in advance. I think those two things are the last thing I can do to 'tame this beast'.......thanks...Dave
Old 01-26-2021, 10:10 AM   #20

I did the front Sumo springs myself, that was pretty easy, just took time. Go to eTrailer and look for installation videos for your rig. I didn't try doing the shocks, I didn't know if I had to compress them to install, and I don't have the tools for that. I bought both springs and shocks on line.
TGoldsbury is offline   Reply With Quote