Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-18-2019, 08:35 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkster View Post
Is the fridge outside panel above the furnace? If yes check the fridge condensation tray. Is it full of water? Have you defrosted lately? Running fridge in humid conditions? Some of us in the south found the tray fills with water and overflows to furnace circuit board from above. I sealed between the two units with silicone and extended the condensation hose outside the vent not using the tray. Mine did this twice (dealer sealed outside furnace panel and it failed again). Have seen three 31ul with this problem.

You may be able to remove circuit board, clean and dry it, and reinstall.
You could say Florida is a little humid. I like the idea of extending it past the tray to the outside. What path did you take? Do you have any pictures?
xraymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:38 AM   #42

I had pictures on Facebook. But I just got an extension hose at the hardware store and ran it out the fridge vent.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:48 AM   #43

Ok. My first thought was running it down through the bottom of the rig. Do you get stains down the side of your rig doing it that way?
Old 11-19-2019, 05:19 PM   #44

No stains but I have gel coat no paint. It's just water.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:20 PM   #45

Solved

I replaced the board and the furnace came to life. The old board was practically sitting in water. When I detached one of the red wires, the blade came right off the board (where the red arrow is pointing to), so no surprise it didn't work before.

I'm sure my warranty would have covered it but my RV wasn't sitting in some shop for days, and I learned a lot about the furnace. So the $84 for the board was worth it.

I also extended the drain tube from the fridge to the outside.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0367.jpg   IMG_0368.jpg  
Old 11-24-2019, 01:27 PM   #46

Well, that's a relief! Thanks for the update and photos...what a mess. Where did you buy the board and what was the part number?? My furnace sits right under the water heater so I'll keep a sharp eye out for leaks.

Enjoy the warmth...
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:41 PM   #47

I got it from Amazon. Atwood 31501 Circuit Board.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-07-2020, 06:47 PM   #48

UPDATE - Frowny Face

I used the furnace one time after putting in the new board back in November 2019. I am camping this weekend and it's a bit nippy so I tried to put it on and it wouldn't work. I went outside and opened everything to look at the board and would you believe it is corroded again!! So much that one of the wires wasn't even connected to the board!

I made the modification to the fridge drain and it is sticking out the side of the RV. I live in FL but it has been relatively cold this winter and would not expect to see that much condensation.

My plan is to buy a new board and make my own enclosure. My question is, is that board placed in the open because it gets too hot and needs air circulating? Because I was thinking of making a sealed enclosure and have my own extension wires poking out so I can silicone every possible water intrusion avenue. But I don't want to do something that could possibly be dangerous or burn the board up because it can't breathe.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0539.jpg   IMG_0540.jpg   IMG_0542.jpg  
Old 03-07-2020, 07:44 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

xraymiller,

Don't know if it applies in your case......, but on some Dometic-Atwood furnace models there was an outside panel with vent louvers that would allow moisture to enter (rain, washing, etc.) and compromise the circuit board. Dometic-Atwood came out with a plastic mount "fix" relocating the circuit board (at an angle) from it's original flat location.

Video reference on "fix":

A call to Dometic-Atwood may address your technical questions.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:01 PM   #50

That was very helpful. I will try to call her Monday.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:34 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
xraymiller,

Don't know if it applies in your case......, but on some Dometic-Atwood furnace models there was an outside panel with vent louvers that would allow moisture to enter (rain, washing, etc.) and compromise the circuit board. Dometic-Atwood came out with a plastic mount "fix" relocating the circuit board (at an angle) from it's original flat location.

Video reference on "fix":

Bob
I fixed our sail switch following one of those videos. The hardest part was putting the furnace on the bench. Our furnace did not have the access to the switch as that one did. Once out on the bench and opened, it was too easy. I just would like to know how the sail switch gremlins bent the switch up so badly. I straightened the fin up, tested the switch with a light bulb, battery and wire. The switch did turn off and on. ( I did later find my volt!age meter to measure continuity.) Remounted the heater unit, and it works. On to the next project. Spring cleaning!

Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:05 AM   #52

Bad News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
xraymiller,

Bob
That number goes to an answering machine for some guy so I called the main number. After getting a run around I spoke to someone who was not very customer service oriented. They say they can not mail me the retro kit that I have to take my RV to a dealer. The person I spoke to said she cannot send it to me because they have a protocol. I said a protocol is not a law, can I speak to someone who can make decisions? When I asked to speak with a supervisor I was transferred to an answering machine. I left a message to call me and they have not.

I even mentioned this YouTube video that said Atwood mailed one to him with no problem.

The last time I took my RV to Lazy Days they kept it for a month. And yet Atwood wants me to take the rig in to have them replace something they sent to they YouTube guy for free!?

I think it might be time to 3D print my own retro kit. And I'm going to still get charged even with a warranty at Lazy Days about the same price as buying another new circuit board, but I won't have to leave it with them for a month.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:43 PM   #53

Smile 3D printer to the rescue

I guess if you want something done, with friendly customer service, you have to do it yourself.

I made my own retro kit for the circuit board and I uploaded it to Thingiverse for anyone to download and print. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4235070
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0617.jpg   IMG_0618.jpg   IMG_0602.jpg  
Old 03-21-2020, 04:37 PM   #54

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
water and heat is the enemy of the electronic boards - install away from your fridge or furnace. Replace many boards due to that situation. It just makes money for me and the wholesales.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:52 PM   #55
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraymiller View Post
snip........ I made my own retro kit for the circuit board....snip]
Nice job on the "fix"

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)