Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2022, 04:02 PM   #1

Furnace Stopped Working Precept 31UL

My furnace has stopped working, and since I seldom use it, I honestly don't know when. I had been under the bed storage area and may have disturbed the thermostat wires, but I kinda doubt it. Since I seldom used it I have a couple of questions. Did the bedroom thermostat ever start the gas furnace or just the heat pump? I notice the bedroom thermostat has only six wires going into it and not the seven that the other thermostat has. I don't see any fuses that are out. What else should I check for? The blower doesn't start at all much less the heat come on. Yes, the gas is turned on at the tank.
Thanks for any help/input.
jayvan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:02 PM   #2

Most likely the bedroom thermostat only works the bedroom AC and heat pump if it has one. Take a pic of your thermostat in the living/kitchen area and post. Do you have power to the thermostat? Try removing the outside panel over the furnace and push the reset button. It’s actually an on off button but turn it off and back on to see if it resets. The switch is circled in red
Attached Thumbnails
C20B3C93-FC30-40F2-BB11-42E0C24F0EFA.jpg  
Old 05-19-2022, 06:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
Most likely the bedroom thermostat only works the bedroom AC and heat pump if it has one. Take a pic of your thermostat in the living/kitchen area and post. Do you have power to the thermostat? Try removing the outside panel over the furnace and push the reset button. It’s actually an on off button but turn it off and back on to see if it resets. The switch is circled in red

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I have a heat pump and the bedroom does control that and the bedroom AC. The other thermostat does work and has power. Well, it works for the fan and AC but not the furnace. Like I said, I see no fuses out so I'll open up the furnace and check there tonight.
jayvan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote