Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2021, 02:08 PM   #1

Fuse Box (in bedroom) Labeled

Ok, call me lazy! But in the interest of saving me time and the wife yelling at me, has anyone labeled their fuse box? Example, which fuse goes to which outlet/plug. If someone has, please post it so I can easily see which one is not working.

The real reason is dealership had to repair fridge (icemaker), now the plugs on the entry wall (left side) is not working except for Master, awning, stair. It would have been simpler to say light switches aren't working. That's why I thinking fuse. Everything else electrical is working on shore, generator, and house battery.

Thanks for any help.
Jim
2021 Precept 31UL
And yes Dorothy, it does freeze on the Texas Gulf Coast.
JK31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 04:06 PM   #2

Check the GFCI for tripped. Reset it. Usually first plug near the sink. It will shut an entire line down.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16WhiteColly View Post
Check the GFCI for tripped. Reset it. Usually first plug near the sink. It will shut an entire line down.
Well duh me! I checked for everything except for the GFCI being tripped. Will go by and check this morning. Hopefully it is that easy of a fix.

Thanks for the response.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:55 AM   #4

Ok, UPDATE,
Just got back from the RV:
Found GFCI, wasn't tripped. I tripped it and then hit reset, still nothing.
Just out of curiosity I peeked in the space between the entry wall and the fridge, and guess what I found? Yep, the wires were unplugged from the switches, and just dangling there.
Now, do take it back to the dealer, and bitch and moan about how shoddy their QA is, or bite the bullet and either pull the fridge just to plug in the wires, or cut and access panel (if space and wiring is permitted) in the entry wall. It seems that would make an easy access to any wiring issues in the future. Of course I haven't told the wife about that choice. (sorry for the long run-on sentence)
Oh well, that's tomorrows project, now off to watch football.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:10 PM   #5

Last UPDATE:
The switch plate has an upper and lower plate that can be removed. Once that is done you use a Robertson screw driver to remove the switches. Did that retrieved the loose wires, found the correct wires for the correct switch, replaced all, and we good to go.
I just took jumping in and be willing to get your hands dirty.