Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2022, 11:35 AM   #1

Garmin Express Model RV-BBT600

After purchasing our 2018 Jayco Alante 31V, have found the garmin difficult to use. My wife can't see it while I am driving. I do not like to use it while driving. Looking for an alternative for Garmin Express Model RV-BBT600. I would like to mount it where the passenger can operate it. Does anyone have a better solution? Thanks in advance for any replies.
clberkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 01:29 PM   #2

I bought the RV 1090. I'm fairly happy with it. One minor issue. It takes an old style 12v cigarette lighter adaptor. My RV doesn't have one. However, I found if you place the magnetic mount on the back and power it from the micro usb connector on the tablet it works perfectly. If you don't put the magnetic mount on the back, it times out and goes to sleep on you.
MarcF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 02:07 PM   #3

Have you researched the available mounting options for your Garmin. There are different magnetic mounts that could be mounted where your wife could reach and see it. I mounted mine on my dash by customizing a tray over the vehicle infotainment screen.
The power supply issue referred to if you have an older style cig lighter plug can be resolved by cutting the plug off and direct wiring it to a power supply easily enough. That's what I did.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:11 PM   #4

I have been looking at this for when I get my Precept 36C. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DKIKX0DER&th=1
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote