Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2016, 05:33 PM   #1

Guess we're the newest members of the Precept Family

We posted on the Precept forum last week about changes that will happen to the 2017 Precept's trying to decide if it was worth the wait. After reading the responses we decided to pull the trigger on a 2016 Precept 35s. We had gone all over NY looking at them. The dealer we went with had two in stock and one on the way, the two in stock were not equipped as we wanted, so the one that just came off the assembly line now has our name on it. Now we can't wait for it to arrive.
WeRmudfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:55 PM   #2

Congrats on the new rig and welcome to the forum.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Congrats on the new rig and welcome to the forum.
Thanks! We are new to the forum, but have been in the Jayco family since 2006. We had a Greyhawk and loved it, but wanted more space as retirement looms closer.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:57 AM   #4

Congratulations and welcome!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:07 AM   #5

Welcome!!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:05 AM   #6

Congratulations! I am sure you will be very happy with your new 35S!
Attached Thumbnails
36UN.jpg  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:08 AM   #7

Congratulations on your new Precept and welcome to the JOF.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #8
csk

Congrats

Welcom and enjoy. You'll find this forum invaluable.
csk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:44 PM   #9

Thanks everyone, we have been catching up on all the posts here. I think we are going to like this forum, we do so far.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:13 PM   #10

It looks like our 31UL is in at the dealership in Michigan so I am flying in on the 2nd of May & picking it up on the 3rd, fishing in Benton harbor on the 4th then off for Napa Valley to put it in storage until our June trip to the Florida kays. I am excited and can't wait to see the coach. Any words of advice for the pickup would be appreciated as it is coming soon
wondermn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:04 PM   #11

WeRmudfun, you may also want to join our Precept group here at: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/gr...%27+group.html.

Over 100 of us and quite a few who have owned their Precept for a couple of years.

Welcome & Congratulations!
SMI Duo "Stay in Play" Braking
Barley, our Golden Retriever, on board and Buster in spirit!

McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:08 AM   #12

Congratulations on your coming 35S. I think I posted on your 2017 thread that we also just purchased and are waiting for ours. It got to our dealer at the end of last week and is being prepped. Delivery to us this Saturday. we're still trying to get our Cougar TT sold, but have some coming to look this weekend.

I'm sure your as excited as we are!! What are the features of your 35S? We opted for the double fridge, no bunk and the Splendor paint with French Vanilla interior. Jayco had 3 at the factory we could choose from and that was exactly what we wanted. Can't wait.

Kelly
luv2camp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:22 AM   #13

When are you picking your up? with ours Its getting close!!!! Our 31UL is being prepped as we speak. I am getting a quote on a Winegard Satellite dome road trip T4 as the coach will have 3 televisions which is probably 3 more than we need. We are probably going to spend some time (30-45 days) in a base RV park & we have a 13 year old so they will get used. We chose the Cappuccino and the 12' fridge and over cab Bunk so pretty well maxed our for a Precept 31UL. Its going on a 3000 mile initial trip from Michigan to Napa
to rest for a month then we travel most of the summer.
wondermn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2camp04 View Post
Congratulations on your coming 35S. I think I posted on your 2017 thread that we also just purchased and are waiting for ours. It got to our dealer at the end of last week and is being prepped. Delivery to us this Saturday. we're still trying to get our Cougar TT sold, but have some coming to look this weekend.

I'm sure your as excited as we are!! What are the features of your 35S? We opted for the double fridge, no bunk and the Splendor paint with French Vanilla interior. Jayco had 3 at the factory we could choose from and that was exactly what we wanted. Can't wait.

Kelly
Congratulations to you too! The only difference between our 2 Precepts will be the VIN#! We are getting the exact same one you are. Oh yeah and they will be located on the complete opposite sides of the country. LOL
Ours should have left the factory yesterday on route to the dealer. We are getting very excited. DW went and bought a new dish set and silverware for it. She was thrilled because the dish set is called, "Splendor".

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGarrett50 View Post
WeRmudfun, you may also want to join our Precept group here at: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/groups/45-jayco+precept+owners%27+group.html.

Over 100 of us and quite a few who have owned their Precept for a couple of years.

Welcome & Congratulations!
Thanks, we have joined there too. Great info.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:10 AM   #15

We have a 2015 31ul and have enjoyed it. Hope you'll do the same with yours. The Precept owners forum is a great place to learn and find answers to your questions and there will be many
Old 04-24-2016, 01:40 PM   #16

[QUOTE=WeRmudfun;400708]Congratulations to you too! The only difference between our 2 Precepts will be the VIN#! We are getting the exact same one you are. Oh yeah and they will be located on the complete opposite sides of the country. LOL
Ours should have left the factory yesterday on route to the dealer. We are getting very excited. DW went and bought a new dish set and silverware for it. She was thrilled because the dish set is called, "Splendor".

Well, it looks like we both have great taste...LOL!! It's going to be tough making it through the work week until next Saturday. We have been looking and researching for near 2 years. Started with looking at the 31UL and then going every which way with different brands. Something always sent back the Precept way. Hope you love yours.

We'll post pictures, hope you do too!!
luv2camp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:39 AM   #17

[QUOTE=luv2camp04;400917]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRmudfun View Post
Congratulations to you too! The only difference between our 2 Precepts will be the VIN#! We are getting the exact same one you are. Oh yeah and they will be located on the complete opposite sides of the country. LOL

Well, it looks like we both have great taste...LOL!! It's going to be tough making it through the work week until next Saturday. We have been looking and researching for near 2 years. Started with looking at the 31UL and then going every which way with different brands. Something always sent back the Precept way. Hope you love yours.

We'll post pictures, hope you do too!!
Same here, but we were coming off a Jayco Greyhawk, so we already knew the company. We started looking at the Greyhawk again, but decided we wanted more storage. The 31UL was going to be our new rig, but then we walked into the 35S and got confused, it was too big! Long story short, our 35S arrived at the dealer yesterday. Unfortunately, it will be about 3 weeks before we pick it up. We need a Saturday for the PDI and they are booked up.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:16 PM   #18

We are on the fence we are looking into a used 2015 31ul with 5000 miles we would trade out white hawk in on it I have never drove a class A I have read a lot of forums about the suspension and reliability. I'm kinda of worried with out a warranty should I be? Are you all happy with your coaches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2016, 04:39 PM   #19

We just picked up our 31UL - went to the Masters in Augusta then Nashville and on to Bardstown Kentucky - all good but need to learn about things I can do to help camper when driving in the wind. Fought 30 mph winds all the way down from Buffalo.
Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:11 PM   #20

Welcome and congrats

William and wermudfun.
We had never owned. Class A till we bought our "Moose"/31ul last April
I was somewhat apprehensive about driving such a big dude. But,
I have learned it's not that difficult and love driving with the great
Big beautiful window. Wife really enjoys taking great photos while
Out on our trips.

Newest item is finishing the tow setup,to be able to bring a toad
Along our trips this year.

Good luck , welcome, and take advantage of the Precept owners forum