Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #1

Help! 🙃

Hello! New to this forum. New to Jayco! Bought a 2018 class A and the only thing that hasn't gone wrong is the ford motor! What a nightmare. Drove from Fla to Co. (Brand new coach) what could go wrong went wrong! No warranty rv place in sight ( camping world booked out for snow birds) had to find random place, they were amazing, paid of out of pocket so far ($1800) in less than a month. Jayco has been great so far regarding reimbursement (haven't received yet) but very apologetic. Problems from hydraulic hose busting to CO alarm going off, gas leak, had to call 911, couldn't sleep in it wasn't safe. Had to find a place to stay with three dogs!! to shower leaks, under kitchen sink leaks, breakers tripping ( think bc of leaks under sink) fridge going out(loosing 2 loads of groceries) fridge only works on gas, generator ****s off on its own ( yes reset for higher altitude) can't have air, microwave and something else plugged in at once or it shuts down! Not to mention many other things but.. I came to this forum to ask if anyone has the th rather seating instead of the sofa. Paidxtra for this andthe seats won't even stay back like are recliner? Anyone else have this issue or want to comment on anything else I've listed? Not new to camping life! Had many campers, rvs, never had these many issues ever! ��
Rvlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #2

Your issue with th seating not wanting to stay reclined has been mentioned by several other owners here, so definitely is known. Your other issues, I don't recognize as having been discussed here. So you have been very unlucky, it seems.

Ourselves, we do have a continuing problem with water puddles on the floor in front of the corners of the shower stall. Generous use of sealant at the ends of the sliding glass door track reduces the size of the puddles a bit but doesn't eliminate them.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:52 PM   #3

Thanks. Yes regarding water leaking from
Shower I seemed to have fixed that with caulk thank gosh. Yes clearly bad luck! I'm about to leave this thing on the side of the road and fly home! lol crazy!
Old 09-05-2017, 09:55 AM   #4

We can relate, and also travel with dogs!

A lot of that stuff should have been caught by the dealer tech during the PDI (ours was about 3 hours)... the leak under the sink area is common. Sometimes I think that the delivery drivers aren't exactly gentle with the units they delivery, and loosen everything up during the trip!

Almost every water fitting in the coach had to be re-tightened by the dealer.

I think that your dealer has an issue with their pre-delivery quality and function tests. Our dealer tested everything before we ever got there to pick up the unit. The generator was load tested, the levelers were cycled several times, the refrigerator had been running on Auto all the previous night, etc.

The tech and I looked under the unit with flashlights for loose wires, leaks, insulation gaps, etc.

Two minor issues (a loose wire and a piece of missing insulation) were found and fixed on the spot. There was a problem with the refrigerator, but the dealer discovered it before we ever picked up the unit, and Jayco replaced the refrigerator out of an abundance of caution.

Hold your dealer accountable for making it all right when you get home. If you don't trust the dealer, make an appointment for Jayco Factory Service.

I feel very bad that you had all those issues!! It should be all about having fun.

If you do decide to take it to the factory, they WILL MAKE IT ALL RIGHT! They have the expertise, tools and parts to do it fast and correctly, the first time. Over four Jayco's, we've been there twice, and couldn't have been more pleased with the service. We like our dealer, but the Service Center is FAST!

Good luck, and safe camping!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:10 AM   #5

Not surprised we are in are 23 month of ownership 16 Eagle 321 RSTS.Just went back to warranty 11 items including bad axle! And our camper was the 25th Anniversary Series!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:50 AM   #6

Thank you!! Yes delivery of the unit was in sane I didn't even go into that in the orig message! Jayco has been great so far but whenyour on the road trying to find places to get things fixed it's crazy! Not to mention doors are falling off hinges, cabinets falling off, uugghh.. It's been a nightmare!! So there must be a leak somewhere else other than under sink. I was able to tighten that up and it's not leaking now but the gfi breaker under the bed( idiotic place for that as well!!) �� Keeps tripping. Can't use any plugs in kitchen.. my crockpot is in the dash!! I deff have a story!! I'll try to find a jayco dealer. Thanks so much. ��
Old 09-07-2017, 06:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlife View Post
Thank you!! Yes delivery of the unit was in sane I didn't even go into that in the orig message! Jayco has been great so far but whenyour on the road trying to find places to get things fixed it's crazy! Not to mention doors are falling off hinges, cabinets falling off, uugghh.. It's been a nightmare!! So there must be a leak somewhere else other than under sink. I was able to tighten that up and it's not leaking now but the gfi breaker under the bed( idiotic place for that as well!!) �� Keeps tripping. Can't use any plugs in kitchen.. my crockpot is in the dash!! I deff have a story!! I'll try to find a jayco dealer. Thanks so much. ��
Your experience is not uncommon. We took delivery in December. It then spent the next four months at the dealer for warranty work. I listed the issues in another post. Then before we took it out for the first time we connected water to the unit to flush out the pink stuff and water began running out of the hot water heater. It wasn't winterized properly. Fortunately there was one in stock. There are still minor issues but overall we are very satisfied with the 31UL. The support from Jayco and the dealer have been excellent.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Keetters is offline   Reply With Quote