Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-31-2021, 01:47 PM   #21

Found the problem, when the kitchen slide comes in that last inch, the platform under the sink that slides in was pinching several wires against the metal junction box. The first picture shows the platform (Ryobi flash light is sitting on it) comes in over the J-box. Second picture slide is out, but shows all the wires that were pinched. None were severed so I taped them all up, tied them down and seems to be fine. Had to remove the two drawers above the LP/CO detector to have access.
Attached Thumbnails
Slide-in.jpg   Shorted.jpg   wires down.jpg  
TGoldsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 01:58 PM   #22

That is great, glad you found the problem and just in time for your upcoming trip.
Old 10-31-2021, 06:21 PM   #23

Glad you got it. There are stops mounted to the slide tracks that stop the slides at each end to keep pressure off the inside and outside trim.
Old 11-01-2021, 06:23 AM   #24

Slide stop pic.
Attached Thumbnails
EA3566F5-1DD5-4D3A-92FE-DC7AE9A57129.jpg  
Old 11-01-2021, 06:31 AM   #25

Good info here

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001470.pdf
Old 11-01-2021, 01:09 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGoldsbury View Post
This start at 9:30 in the morning, at 2pm I finally got a mobile tech on the phone. We talked for an hour, couldn't do any good, but he couldn't come until late the next day. About 4pm I noticed my fridge wasn't working. Hmmm??? I found a bad fuse titled "Exterior radio, dash radio, refrig". Changed that, now my slides work!!!!!! Had already checked the fuses labelled for the slides. I guess you need to check every fuse no matter how they're labelled.

Drove to Cherokee N.C. in the dark, through the mountain roads that make other "s" curves look straight, got set up, had two beers, all is well.
I’m trying to figure out what that fuse does to control the electrical to all the slides? I did disconnect the fridge 12 volt wire from it and put it on its own fuse. I was getting low voltage to the fridge when connected to that fuse.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:11 PM   #27

Quote:
Found the problem, when the kitchen slide comes in that last inch, the platform under the sink that slides in was pinching several wires against the metal junction box. The first picture shows the platform (Ryobi flash light is sitting on it) comes in over the J-box. Second picture slide is out, but shows all the wires that were pinched. None were severed so I taped them all up, tied them down and seems to be fine. Had to remove the two drawers above the LP/CO detector to have access.
That should never happen. Looks like laziness on Jayco's part. All that could've easily been avoided.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 06:58 AM   #28

Parrott, not sure how that fuse was involved, but there were several 12 volt wires that were pinched, and one 120volt. I think I stopped a potential fire hazard.
TGoldsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:11 AM   #29

Quote:
Parrott, not sure how that fuse was involved, but there were several 12 volt wires that were pinched, and one 120volt. I think I stopped a potential fire hazard.
I’m sure you did. I checked mine also and it’s good. That slide has lots of wires and the propane gas line for the stove that have to move with the slide. I took that fuse out of mine and none of the slides would work. I would really like to find out what it controls. Be sure to keep an eye on your roller bearings on the slide tracks. I had 2 completely out and several loose. Here is a pic of one with the nut laying on the floor beside it.
Attached Thumbnails
77E3C520-868E-49A7-89EF-A97E9CB694E5.jpg