Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-17-2021, 11:55 AM   #1

Help!!!!

Stuck in South Carolina, can't get 3rd slide in. Looks like slide #2 didn't quite quite go all the way in, and the motor may have shorted as now I can't move any slides in or out. Jayco Precept 31UL. Main power disconnect solenoid won't hold on. Where is the controller located for the kitchen slide out?
TGoldsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 12:41 PM   #2

This is all I got:

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...s/82_s0340.pdf

Good luck, and still looking.
JK31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 01:01 PM   #3

If the main power solenoid isn't holding and your slides stopped it may mean a dead battery. Start the engine and have someone hold the emergency start button try the disconnect and then try the slides.
Old 10-17-2021, 01:37 PM   #4

Grumpy, tried that, nothing. The Lippert control unit light blinks 9 times which means "Hall power short to ground". If that gives you any ideas.
Old 10-17-2021, 02:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGoldsbury View Post
Grumpy, tried that, nothing. The Lippert control unit light blinks 9 times which means "Hall power short to ground". If that gives you any ideas.
Nope, unfortunately.
Old 10-17-2021, 02:55 PM   #6

I'm sure you have already done a Google, but I found this a couple years ago, it might help.

Turned out I had other problems but saved this anyway.

Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:24 PM   #7

Any Update? Obviously a power issue. Hope all is well. I know the feeling.
RealEstateRichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:13 AM   #8

This start at 9:30 in the morning, at 2pm I finally got a mobile tech on the phone. We talked for an hour, couldn't do any good, but he couldn't come until late the next day. About 4pm I noticed my fridge wasn't working. Hmmm??? I found a bad fuse titled "Exterior radio, dash radio, refrig". Changed that, now my slides work!!!!!! Had already checked the fuses labelled for the slides. I guess you need to check every fuse no matter how they're labelled.

Drove to Cherokee N.C. in the dark, through the mountain roads that make other "s" curves look straight, got set up, had two beers, all is well.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:27 AM   #9

Quote:
This start at 9:30 in the morning, at 2pm I finally got a mobile tech on the phone. We talked for an hour, couldn't do any good, but he couldn't come until late the next day. About 4pm I noticed my fridge wasn't working. Hmmm??? I found a bad fuse titled "Exterior radio, dash radio, refrig". Changed that, now my slides work!!!!!! Had already checked the fuses labelled for the slides. I guess you need to check every fuse no matter how they're labelled.
That fuse is probably control voltage.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:37 AM   #10

Glad you got it figured out. I would suggest to research how to manually move slides in and out. I have the same rv and manually moving the kitchen and dinette slides is relatively easy with a 3/4 socket. The bedroom swintech is a little harder but can be done.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:41 AM   #11

Sounds like a happy ending to me! Glad you got it figured out.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:47 AM   #12

Parrott, thanks, where do you connect the socket to drive the kitchen slide? I looked for that too.

Also, first time I've driven at night since I bought the coach, headlights suck. Saw a lot of posts on 2015+/_ coaches for adjusting headlights, anything out there for a 2018 Precept.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Saw a lot of posts on 2015+/_ coaches for adjusting headlights, anything out there for a 2018 Precept.

Skip to 5:54 and good information on headlight adjustments.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:14 AM   #14

Thanks
Old 10-23-2021, 01:28 PM   #15

Glad to hear you got it worked out!!
MattS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 02:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Parrott, thanks, where do you connect the socket to drive the kitchen slide? I looked for that too.

Also, first time I've driven at night since I bought the coach, headlights suck. Saw a lot of posts on 2015+/_ coaches for adjusting headlights, anything out there for a 2018 Precept.
The socket for the kitchen slide is in the access cover located at the top of the first big compartment on the drivers side. The one for the dinette you get to from inside the coach up against the wall. You will need some extensions for it. Both slide motors have plastic covers over them inside the compartments.
Attached Thumbnails
05A89673-E6A4-449F-ADC3-EBF994368C04.jpg  
Old 10-24-2021, 08:27 AM   #17

Thank you very much
Old 10-31-2021, 09:59 AM   #18

The slide problem is back. We're home, so there's no emergency, although we do have a trip planned for Friday, hopefully. Now the fuse that I found before that was blown, blows again as soon as I put a new one in. So I must have a short in that circuit. When it first happened two weeks ago the kitchen slide was almost all the way in. It was touching at the top and had about 1"+ to go at the bottom (usually kind of rolls up). This time it made it all the way in, but know that circuit has a short. Keep in mind it's not one of the fuses labelled for the slide, it's the 15a fuse labelled for the outside radio, dash radio, fridge, and LP/CO detector.

Keep in mind that the slides have moved out and back 3-4 times since the first instance. Also keep in mind we did travel on US 95 and 26 in S. Carolina, and those roads are terrible...bounce bounce bounce. I'm thinking it has something to do with the kitchen slide either pulling on another wire, or shorting out on it's own somehow.

Any suggestions appreciated. 2018 Precept 31UL
Old 10-31-2021, 10:54 AM   #19

This is on a Hummingbird, but may be the same issue. When mine was built two of the wires for the slide were pinched by a wall being put on top of them. The first one was the control for the extend function. When I tried to extend the fuse would blow. After a day of trouble shooting it was located and repaired. Just out of warranty which made it expensive. The second time was the power feed to the slide and the wire was crushed at the same place as the earlier problem. At least this time I was able to resolve it myself. I was able to identify it by first doing a voltage check at the the controller terminal, then checking to see if it was shorted to ground.

Good luck.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 11:22 AM   #20

So I took the slide motor cover off and cranked the slide out 5". Put a new fuse in and everything works. It must be pinching something when it pulls in that last inch or two. I guess I need to get behind the chairs and or drawers to see if I can find what is pinching.

Could it be in the slide motor? How does the motor know when to stop, is it an overcurrent sensor? Could that be bad?