Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-11-2022, 06:51 AM   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Yes you can... I inadvertently pulled too hard on the last light to remove from the front cap. Wen I did the wires came out of the connection point inside, so I had no choice but to pull the interior down. Now, i'm glad I did, because I have a better understanding of my coach, but at the time I had quite a few choice words to say. It's not just the grommet in the hole, they also put sealant over the back of the grommet on the fiberglass itself to give relief from the wires hanging down. My grommets actually tore around the sides and I was able to pull them out with needle nose pliers.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:15 PM   #22

I replaced one of mine on my 2018 Alante last summer. Tried to pry it loose from the front but was worried I was damaging the hole and didn't want a potential leak. So I did it the long way by dropping the bed and removing several of the overhead panels to access behind them. Glad I did because they had used mega caulk behind them to seal them in place. Also the wires were pretty short but I was able to butt splice the new light, add some silicone and push it back in from the front. About 2+ hours of which an hour and 45 minutes was devoted to removing and replacing trim panels. Not hard but a bit of a pain.
HJ Rosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugzilla46310 View Post
Could you take a razor blade and just cut the grommet of the old one?
I was able to use the old grommet, worked fine.
Ljmk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 02:34 PM   #24

Marker lights

I can’t understand how 2 are dead and the others are water logged after 2 years but they are. After smashing the first light trying to get it out I created a tool from some flat stock. This popped the next one right out. Hopefully the rest of the job won’t require taking the ceiling apart.
Attached Thumbnails
CC5BBA8D-8F3A-4EE7-B29D-E3D1EE402676.jpg  
Nrabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 07:54 PM   #25

Should be easier

I created a tool to pry these out. Even with that I had to drill a hole in the middle, insert a screw and rip them out. They are glued in and the wires are encased in a caulk like material. I had to get inside the front of the ceiling area by opening up a gap between the board the front shade is screwed to and the header board closer to the bed.
Attached Thumbnails
654CC1EE-EFE9-42A7-99B2-0AFC0846472B.jpg   BF693E6A-D544-4E3E-8CA7-0219EDA82FAE.jpg  
Nrabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 04:04 PM   #26

Just did this for one of the front clearance lights....what a PIA. And these are LEDs that are supposed to last forever???

MikeInMaine is offline   Reply With Quote