Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Been storing inside the rear bumper, this is third year!

Precepts don't have rear bumpers that's why the OP posted the question.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:19 PM   #22

Sorry bout that!LOL
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:16 PM   #23

I have never used a slinky on my Precept as I always use the macerator to dump my tanks. However, I do carry one and I put it in a 4" pvc tube stored in one of the compartments with my collapsible ladder and other associated items. I glued a permanent cap on one end and a threaded cap on the other and the tube is secured with bungee cords attached to eye bolts which I had installed. So it is secure and there if I need it but otherwise easily removable if I don't.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #24

macerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice1951 View Post
I have never used a slinky on my Precept as I always use the macerator to dump my tanks. However, I do carry one and I put it in a 4" pvc tube stored in one of the compartments with my collapsible ladder and other associated items. I glued a permanent cap on one end and a threaded cap on the other and the tube is secured with bungee cords attached to eye bolts which I had installed. So it is secure and there if I need it but otherwise easily removable if I don't.
Rice1951, I haven't even tried my macerator. I just figured I had one on board, just in case I found myself, at a campground, requiring one. Do you find it empties your tanks as fast as the slinky?
twdenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdenman View Post
Rice1951, I haven't even tried my macerator. I just figured I had one on board, just in case I found myself, at a campground, requiring one. Do you find it empties your tanks as fast as the slinky?
I use the sh_t grinder all the time. It takes a little longer to empty the tanks but it saves time when getting ready to dump. The hose on the macerator is a lot longer than two slinkys which is nice for dump pipes that aren't next to the MH. Depending on where the dump pipe is and how much time I want spend I will use either. I did stay at a campground that had all the utilities for 4 RV spots in the center and I had to screw on a regular hose on the end of the macerator hose and that saved me from going to the dump station.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:23 AM   #26

I don't have your model but maybe your set up is like mine. Details and pictures in this thread.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ods-49121.html
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:43 PM   #27

Quote:
I find the macerator empties both my tanks (first black then grey) in a fraction of the time it takes for the slinky to do it by gravity. If I'm in a CG with full hookup I just wait until I'm ready to leave and then empty both tanks at my camp site. If the CG only has a community dump station then I use that and with the macerator I'm taking far less time than everyone else using the big slinky while waiting for gravity to do its thing. It's the first time I've ever had one in all the years I've been camping and I won't ever go without it in the future. Anyone who has ever had to dump their TT or MH tanks knows that this is the worst part of the camping experience. Having the macerator makes it far more tolerable.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:36 PM   #28

My Alante has 4" drains on both grey and black, and empties very fast, I have a macerator for use at my home dump station but it is much slower with a 1" hose, even pressurized as it is.
I did see a guy at Black Butte Lake just pull his 5th wheel up on the dump station apron and prop open the door and then pull the handles! Made quiet the mess.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:58 AM   #29

Winter

Looks like a touch of "winter" may be here tonight. Has anyone winterized their macerator?
Old 11-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #30

Quote:
Looks like a touch of "winter" may be here tonight. Has anyone winterized their macerator?
First drained both black and grey tanks. Then I simply dumped antifreeze into the toilet and ran the macerator until the pink stuff came out. I'm pretty confident but I'll know for sure in the Spring when I go to use it again.