Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2017, 02:07 PM   #1

I want one! Remote for slides

Visiting a buddy at his camp yesterday and he has a small remote control for his slides. Allows him to be outside when deploying so he can be sure things are clear.

I could easily add such using off-the-shelf universal remotes, but maybe someone knows of an official system made for this?
kevfra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #2

Lippert makes the one that I have in my 2016 Jay Flight.
You can check their website to see what they offer.

https://store.lci1.com/
Old 05-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevfra View Post
Visiting a buddy at his camp yesterday and he has a small remote control for his slides. Allows him to be outside when deploying so he can be sure things are clear.

I could easily add such using off-the-shelf universal remotes, but maybe someone knows of an official system made for this?
We have one with our fifth wheel. We stopped using it. On several occasions the remote lost its connection with the unit and caused the slide to stop halfway in/out. This led to the motors being out of sync and a trip to the dealer. Since we stopped using the remote we have had zero issues.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:56 PM   #4

We have the LCI 7 function remote for the 5 slides, lights on the exterior, and the power awning. Been great until a couple weeks ago. Slide 3 and 4 stopped responding to the remote but work fine with the switch. Doing some troubleshooting over the phone with my dealer, Colerain RV. I will probably have to remove the board and replace, after talking with the techs today the relays on the board are not replaceable. I'll get to the board which I think is on the back of the panel in the basement. Once I get a pic or model number, they'll ship a new one or upgrade if the model I have is out dated. Coach is a '16 but they have made some changes. Great to have a dealer that works with you without wanting the unit on their lot for months....
2002 Dodge 2500
2019 Ram 3500
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin and Beth View Post
We have the LCI 7 function remote for the 5 slides, lights on the exterior, and the power awning. Been great until a couple weeks ago. Slide 3 and 4 stopped responding to the remote but work fine with the switch. Doing some troubleshooting over the phone with my dealer, Colerain RV. I will probably have to remove the board and replace, after talking with the techs today the relays on the board are not replaceable. I'll get to the board which I think is on the back of the panel in the basement. Once I get a pic or model number, they'll ship a new one or upgrade if the model I have is out dated. Coach is a '16 but they have made some changes. Great to have a dealer that works with you without wanting the unit on their lot for months....
We have the same unit and LOVE it. Can watch slides and really save me a lot of running around while hitching and unhitching! Have not had any problems with it and are well into year 2!
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:23 PM   #6

Is your unit the touch screen remote? this is the only problem we've had. Hopefully it will be straightened out soon.
2002 Dodge 2500
2019 Ram 3500
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote