Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-03-2022, 11:53 AM   #1

Insignia 37MB Dead House Batteries

Anyone with the Insignia 37MB changed their house batteries... Entegra customer contact told me they didn't recommend Lithium, and to stay with current L16 AGM type batteries.... I cannot find L16 AGM batteries anywhere local, and the local dealer could only get Group Size GC2, EXTREME CYCLE GC2-HD-AGM, 210AH batteries...holding off putting them in until I hear back from Entegra...
LCI level system wouldn't complete the cycle due to low voltage...thus determined the house batteries were drained and will not hold charge anymore...
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 11:07 AM   #2

Have you had the batteries load tested? Doesn't the leveling system require the engine to be running when in use?
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 12:14 PM   #3

Yes, engine is running, system tries to lower the leveling legs about halfway then
get the low voltage indication...battery monitor system also shows the batteries drain to 9.4vs during the process...they cannot handle any heavy load, thus replacing them.
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
Old 07-11-2022, 06:10 AM   #4

Two thoughts. First, have your batteries checked. Second, disconnect all batteries and unplug from shore power and then with appropriate wrenches, socket, or screwdrivers tighten every electric connection you can find. I would have saved myself a ton of time and cash if I had done that when I thought my AGM batteries were on their last legs. Turns out the big ground connection on the back wall in the battery compartment was loose as was another large red cable where it connected to a fuse.
DonC757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 07:05 PM   #5

Update

After doing extensive searching the internet, I finally found the correct manual for the leveling system in this Insignia 37MB...and, confirmed that the LCI Electronic Leveling system runs off the CHASSIS batteries and NOT the house batteries....
AND the engine needs to be in high idle mode...which I was not doing or told to do during the walk through. So, don't need new House batteries...yet...

Tried the high idle mode and no longer get the low voltage error...but still does not level. Front jacks try to go down...LCI indicates jacks are down, but they aren't, then system goes into error mode that indicates maybe low fluid levels or something else.... will continue troubleshooting tomorrow by checking the fluid and pump, etc.... sigh
(2019 NP 383FKWS)