Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2021, 06:58 PM   #1

Interior speakers

How do you get the interior speakers to work inside the 2021 Precept 31UL. It comes with an Sony entertainment system. Thank in advance
Jesse1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 04:36 AM   #2

So, are you saying you have the Sony, 4 speakers installed (2 above the windshield and 2 in the living ceiling area and you get no sound? If yes, it has to be one of two things.... a connection issue and least likely, a settings issue in the radio (like a mute or something?)
Does the unit turn on/light up, etc?
Did you try to turn up the volume? Do you have a AUX input selected that has no sound input (e.g., USB with no MP3 music USB connected)? Try to switch source to AM, FM, etc.

For a connection issue, pull the radio head out of the center conconsole to ensure all the speaker wire connections are seated/connected. If that's not it, you could pull a speaker or two to check their connections. If all connected, you could try a cheap speaker connected to the the radio for a test? If still nothing, I'd say you have a bad head unit?

Mark
Old 04-04-2021, 09:46 PM   #3

Interior surround sound is normally set to the auxiliary 1 or auxiliary 2. Mine was on auxiliary 2 for TV and radio.
Old 07-11-2023, 08:26 AM   #4

Regarding the ceiling speakers. Mine sound a bit muddy so I checked the polarity and found 2 of the 4 wired incorrectly. The neg wire was connected to the pos terminal of the speaker. This causes the speaker to be out of phase and will make the output sound muddy. I corrected this and it now sounds much better. I was able to see each set of speaker wires had a black strip on the neg wire and each speaker had a red dot by the pos terminal of the speaker so I knew the other was the neg terminal.

Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote