Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #1

Inverter

Can anyone tell me how to use this and is this my inverter?
Attached Thumbnails
758B0B61-B21A-4D03-8A0D-E687777BFD93.jpg   00CBACE0-6D24-4582-A82F-A3FE57A5DF81.jpg  
Jesse1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 01:38 PM   #2

Yes that is the INVERTER control. You push the button on the lower right to turn it off and on. The other buttons scroll thru the various conditions... Output voltage, battery voltage etc.

http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Pow...Rev-F)_ENG.pdf
Old 03-11-2021, 01:49 PM   #3

Perfect thank you
Jesse1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:00 PM   #4

You don't need to use when on shore or generator power.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 04:56 PM   #5

When would you use it?
AgentTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTaylor View Post
When would you use it?
When not plugged into shore power and/or not running the generator you use the inverter to keep Refrig, tv, etc running with 120vAC inverted 12vDC from the house batteries..... e.g., like when driving down the highway and you want to keep the refrig cold.

While connected to shore power or the generator is running, it's ok to have the Inverter on... but when you lose shore/generator power, it will auto switch to inverter battery power source.

Mark
Old 04-17-2021, 09:27 AM   #7

HELP, my inverter will not work on shore power. When we are plugged in to 50 amp power or at home, I turn it on and it automatically flips off shore power.
langerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by langerme View Post
HELP, my inverter will not work on shore power. When we are plugged in to 50 amp power or at home, I turn it on and it automatically flips off shore power.
The inverter is not used on shore power. If your rig isn't switching to shore power, it's most likely your transfer switch? Do you get power to anything when the remote inverter is switch off? It the remote panel is on, is it set to manual vs auto?

Mark
Old 04-17-2021, 01:50 PM   #9

Everything works without the inverter except the residential fridge. It used to go to shore power but it doesn’t anymore and I have tried to read and understand it all but I think it is over my head. You refer to the transfer switch.....where is that located?
langerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Everything works without the inverter except the residential fridge. It used to go to shore power but it doesn’t anymore and I have tried to read and understand it all but I think it is over my head. You refer to the transfer switch.....where is that located?
Check the inverter circuit breaker. It's not the transfer switch if everything else is working.

If the inverter circuit breaker is on/OK, then start there and work towards the inverter output... i.e., does the output of the inverter circuit breaker read ~120v?, if yes, does the input to the inverter read 120v?, if yes, at the inverter output, does it read 120v?, if yes, is your refrig turn on at the refrig controls? Do the TV's work? If yes, it's your refrig.

Those would be my initial test. What does the display of the remote inverter show? Is it lit up, do the button work? Can you make any changes at the inverter vs the inverter remote?

It's just trouble shooting.... one step at a time to isolate the root cause.

Mark
Old 05-31-2021, 06:44 AM   #11

Quote:
I have similar issue. Inverter only works when power cable is connected to the service panel and the breaker is off. It seems to me that it is a ground issue as I am getting the proper voltage it is just not getting to the fridge. I guess I just need to go on very short trips or get a longer power cord.
44Bobcats55 is offline   Reply With Quote