Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2019, 10:24 AM   #1

Inverter Stays On

I have a 2019 Jayco Alante. I’ve been plugged into shore power now for the last month, and have not needed to use my inverter.

This morning I noticed the red power light on my control panel was lite up, indicating my inverter was on. I’ve toggled the switch numerous times to turn the inverter off, yet it stays on. Never had this problem before. I’ve used the inverter several times in the last year, and it worked fine.

Any ideas why I cannot turn my inverter off?
Barrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:05 AM   #2

Are you operating an on/off button on a remote monitor for the inverter or are you operating the button on the inverter? I have bumped the on/off on the inverter which is in our storage compartment and that took control over the remote panel inside our rig.

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmart View Post
Are you operating an on/off button on a remote monitor for the inverter or are you operating the button on the inverter? I have bumped the on/off on the inverter which is in our storage compartment and that took control over the remote panel inside our rig.
You may be right, now I just need to find where the inverter is in our unit.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:32 AM   #4

On my inverter you hold the remote switch in the upper momentary position for a couple of seconds to either turn it on or off. I assume this action just supplies a 12 volt signal on the control line to the inverter that causes it to change states. Just a guess here.

Anyway I would suggest rebooting the inverter as if it were a computer. Probably has a microprocessor inside as its brain. You just need to remove all power from it for maybe 30 seconds. Unplug your shore power AND use your battery disconnect switch to kill all 12 volt power.

It is also possible that your remote switch may be bad. If you can get to the back of the switch and it has plug in connectors, try pulling the connectors off and see what happens. You can also ohm out the switch or measure the voltage at each terminal to see if the switch is doing what it is suppose to.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
On my inverter you hold the remote switch in the upper momentary position for a couple of seconds to either turn it on or off. I assume this action just supplies a 12 volt signal on the control line to the inverter that causes it to change states. Just a guess here.

Anyway I would suggest rebooting the inverter as if it were a computer. Probably has a microprocessor inside as its brain. You just need to remove all power from it for maybe 30 seconds. Unplug your shore power AND use your battery disconnect switch to kill all 12 volt power.

It is also possible that your remote switch may be bad. If you can get to the back of the switch and it has plug in connectors, try pulling the connectors off and see what happens. You can also ohm out the switch or measure the voltage at each terminal to see if the switch is doing what it is suppose to.
I will give that a try. The owners manual is useless for the Alante.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrick View Post
You may be right, now I just need to find where the inverter is in our unit.
If you haven't found the inverter yet, it should be under the bed in most, if not all Alante's