Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2019, 06:27 PM   #1

Question Inverter stays on yellow (battery)

Good day, I have a 2015 Precept that I recently purchased and I am having a couple issues with it. For starters I realized today that the inverter remote panel is "stuck" on yellow, (battery). When I turned on the generator still on yellow. When I turned on shore power, still on yellow. It would never switch to green, (utility).

The last time I was in it, the last thing I did was turn off the main power switch and lock the door. When I got in it today, 2 weeks later, the batteries were down to 11.something. The gen almost didnt crank, and there was an error code on the inverter panel E02. 30 seconds later the gen was running, the battery indicator went to 13.2, the error went away, but the inverter never left "battery". I turned the inverter off for 5 minutes and turned it back on, at the panel, no change.

I read on one forum that there is a reset switch on the actual inverter. I thought about doing that this weekend and seeing if it works. Short of that, I got nothing...

Anyone?

Sold the Harley, Sold the Vett, turned around and bought a Precept!
Somanhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:11 PM   #2

E02 code is an under voltage shutdown code. Your house battery could be defective or the converter is not charging the house battery.

If you get 13.2 VDC on generator and shore power shows a lower VDC, that points to a bad or flaky transfer switch. Those are two different types of problems. You might want to do a rerun on the scenario to make certain those indications are repeatable.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:14 PM   #3

Just like a computer, it never hurts to reboot. I don't know of any specific reset switch but it should be easy to reset. If there are fuses on it, pull them and leave out for a few minutes (in case there is residual power that needs to bleed off inside). If there are no apparent fuses just disconnect the red 12 volt power wire feeding it.

I would have thought that killing the coach 12 volt disconnect switch would have done the same thing.

Something I always like to do when troubleshooting a new device. Go on the internet and search for the model of item you are troubleshooting. Often the manufacturer or some other site may have an owner's manual that has troubleshooting tips. You can find everything on the net!

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #4

have you had your batteries load tested? You need to start there.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
have you had your batteries load tested? You need to start there.
I have not, I am going to work on it this weekend. The frustrating part is I can't remember if it was ever green. I was at the dealer for 24 hours, I assume it was green then.

Thanks everyone for responses. Going to reset, check, and rerun scenarios Saturday!
Somanhunter is offline   Reply With Quote