Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2020, 12:32 PM   #21

Alante' list

Brian....ping me with any particular questions......we were cautioned about buying any RV constructed during Covid...guess what our manufacture date was????????????? 6/20/20.....go figure....but if I were to tell you about the issues I had with a 2020 Winnebago Vita 24P from the same dealer that we traded on the Jayco, your hair would curl......maybe there's the common thread....I wish you lots of great miles and fun in your new Alante'.....keep me in the loop if you wish....I'll be rooting for you..!!!
Davidarm320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 10:24 AM   #22

David,

Quick question...Can you tell me if the tie rod is straight or bent? Looking to purchase a steering stabilizer.

Thanks!
Brian
byanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 01:05 PM   #23

Steering Stabilizer

Brian...I'll take a pic and post it here.....it's the blue Safe T Plus version.

More to follow.....Dave
Old 12-21-2020, 01:11 PM   #24

Dave,
That's interesting because Safe-T-Plus is recommending the White Unit (41-180) based on the GVWR. Happy holidays!
Old 12-21-2020, 02:49 PM   #25

More on the Jayco Alante 27A

Brian...my error...my Safe T is RED....see photo....additionally if you've read about the infamous CHF (Cheap Handling Fix), that cannot be performed on my chassis, there are not two holes in the stabilizer arm to move the strut backwards into the additional hole to "tighten" the front end. Best....Dave

Sorry for some reason the one photo is upside down....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-7039.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	66508
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-7040.jpg  
Old 12-21-2020, 04:18 PM   #26

Dave,
Thanks again!! Have you installed a rear anti-sway system? If so, would you share which one? All my research has said a rear anti-sway system first, then a steering stabilizer. Just trying to prepare for a good ride!
Brian
Old 12-22-2020, 12:54 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidarm320 View Post
Hi All,

Second RV now a Jayco 2021 Alante' 27A and boy have I had problems....most urgently in need of some assistance.

On my maiden voyage day 1 night 1 and it "seems" my electric/LP water heater is not working. I've setup on site and turned it on 'electric' vs LP about 6 hours ago.....still no hot water.

Anyone know how long the 'electric' side of this Dometic HW heater should take?....still no hot water......I know I can switch over to LP, but it should work as advertised......

Help......!!!!

Thanks...Dave
Does your new 2021 Alante have pull out laptop table in passenger seat? the 360 degree view of Alante was changed from no-laptop-table to having-laptop-table on Jayco's site. How is overall quality so far?
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 07:42 PM   #28

My experience (2020 Alante 31V) is at least 6-8 hours depending on temperature of water in the tank.
GMan215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:27 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan215 View Post
My experience (2020 Alante 31V) is at least 6-8 hours depending on temperature of water in the tank.
Thanks for the info.....my problem was that the switch on the cabin wall was wired incorrectly, lighting the panel light, but not supplying the water heater.....add that one to my list.....thanks..!!!
Old 01-05-2021, 07:29 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsky View Post
Does your new 2021 Alante have pull out laptop table in passenger seat? the 360 degree view of Alante was changed from no-laptop-table to having-laptop-table on Jayco's site. How is overall quality so far?
We do have the laptop pull out table. You're question about the 'quality' is it regarding the laptop table or overall coach quality? The pull out is adequate....when you've got some time search my threads for 'over all' quality issues.......thanks...Dave
Old 01-05-2021, 07:40 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by byanik View Post
Dave,
Thanks again!! Have you installed a rear anti-sway system? If so, would you share which one? All my research has said a rear anti-sway system first, then a steering stabilizer. Just trying to prepare for a good ride!
Brian
Hi Brian, ....I drove 2 hours to Orlando to a Truck Suspension shop I was referred to by another owner, they were quite competent, fixed an incorrectly installed Safe-T front end stabilizer, re-aligned my front end that had just been done as the tire were wearing badly.
But, they could not install the 'rear track bar' they thought would calm things down...there was something about the 'rear end' in the 2021 Altante. The rear track system is from Super Steer out in Henderson Or. So I fought 2 hours in the wind home white knuckling the whole way. Subsequent conversations with the shop in Orlando and Super Steer, they identified the issue was with the connection pieces and their model SS 401 has been working for them. I have an appointment with them the week of 1/11 to install it. HOWEVER, this Thursday I have an appointment with a rep. from my dealer to see if I'm even keeping this RV given the problems we've had with it. More to follow.....Dave