Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2022, 07:44 AM   #1

Post Jayco Alante engine area

Want to change oil, transmission fluid, antifreeze in my Jayco with Ford 150 engine. Of course manual has nothing on it. Looking online I discover all variations of Ford 150 engines none of which resemble mine
On opening the “hood” I found two unlabeled dipsticks but couldn’t locate the fill tubes.
I assume I have to crawl under the vehicle to empty these fluids. They might be easy to find. The fill tubes don’t seem that obvious. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Gerry1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 08:07 AM   #2

A picture is worth a thousand words.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 08:14 AM   #3

F150 Alante? Here is F53, About 1:11 in;

; )

#Bru_Tube

Alante31V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old and soft View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Thanks but the engine compartment was dark when she presented so didn’t get much info.
Gerry1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 07:59 AM   #5
Lost in the Woods

My friend, just a piece of neighborly advice, if you don't already know that the drain plugs for the engine and transmission pans are under the rig, you may want to have it professionally done, watch what they do and then do it yourself next time. That being said too, servicing the transmission is more complicated than simply draining and refilling, there are screens to clean and to do it right the fluid needs to be pumped, not just drained. Furthermore, transmission fluid changes aren't as routine as engine oil changes. If you haven't run it hot, been towing heavy loads, been towing w/o tow/haul engaged or put a lot of miles on it, you're likely good. Have a pro look at it however just to be sure.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:11 AM   #6
Site Team

Your thread title says Alante but the the original posts talks about a Ford 150? Which is it?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:03 AM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
My friend, just a piece of neighborly advice, if you don't already know that the drain plugs for the engine and transmission pans are under the rig, you may want to have it professionally done, watch what they do and then do it yourself next time.
He asked where the fill tubes were, not the drain plugs. The oil fill is shown in the first video attached at 1:45, its very hard to get to.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:04 AM   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Do a search for Ford F53 Oil change or Transmission fluid change and i'm sure you'll find plenty of videos to work from. Remember this is a Ford F53 Motorhome chassis and you could have two engines depending on the year of your RV. Prior to 2021(ish) the engine would've been the Ford Triton V10. Around 2021 Ford moved to the V8 Godzilla engine, so check the side of your RV near the front tire and it should said V10 or V8.

Here's a video on the V10 oil change process, location of dipsticks and oil fill shown at 9:45.

Here's a video of the V8 oil change, but I could not find one of the F53 chassis, mainly just the Ford trucks, so locations may be a bit different.

Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 07:44 PM   #9
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
He asked where the fill tubes were, not the drain plugs. The oil fill is shown in the first video attached at 1:45, its very hard to get to.
He said he "assumed" he had to drain the engine and transmission from under the chassis, which indicates he's not sure. If he's not sure if he has to drain the oil from under the engine, is he sure he needs to change the oil filter or how to remove it, that he needs to lube the seal before installing the new filter, how to access the screens in the tranny? This kind of service is not trial and error. No knock on him, it's not brain surgery, but it's a bit more complicated than discovering where to put the fluids in.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford 150