Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2021, 07:00 PM   #1

Jayco/entegra Alante 27A: the bedroom door in the wrong place

Jayco/entegra Alante/vision 27A: the bedroom door is in the wrong place. The bathroom is supposed to be shared with guests, but when the bedroom door closes, guests could not use the bathroom. Design flaw? easy remedy?
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:07 PM   #2

No, the bathroom is in the right place for this unit of just 27’ that includes an engine,driver’s & passenger seat plus full living quarters. This unit was designed for 2 people in mind and not a mistake by Jayco by any means. A good or experienced salesperson would have asked you about your travel plans and family. Jayco designed this unit for just 2 people ( maybe retired or single in mind).
Attached Thumbnails
A70D5FCF-79E2-4C59-A62D-879C244CBD36.jpg  
Old 05-05-2021, 11:00 PM   #3

I think it needs another curved curtain (or accordion door). Even if it is designed for two persons, but guests are welcome to stay occasionally. That is what overhead bunk bed is designed for.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsky View Post
I think it needs another curved curtain (or accordion door)..
Your right on those ideas but I can’t figure out how to attach them without the ceiling drawing. If you call Jayco they’ll send you the ceiling framing drawing and that will enable you to attach some type of curved ceiling rod. I’m sure someone here has a fix for that difficult corner.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:23 AM   #5

You can purchase flexible hanging curtain track from Amazon and then purchase or make your own curtains. We did this in our Thor 24F when we needed an extra privacy curtain. Did not really need a print of the ceiling construction as the ceiling was thick enough and gave plenty of support for the curtains and the associated tracking. The track is very flexible and you can form it along whatever trajectory you desire. Wish I had pictures but I do not.
Hope this helps.
2018 Thor Four Winds 24F (traded)
2016 Forest River 22RR (traded)
2008 Honda Gold Wing Level 3
1968 Honda CT90 Trailbike
stustoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsky View Post
I think it needs another curved curtain (or accordion door). Even if it is designed for two persons, but guests are welcome to stay occasionally. That is what overhead bunk bed is designed for.
More for a family than "guests". The door to the bedroom is there to provide a private dressing area and not to close off the bedroom when sleeping. No different than using a motel/hotel room for 4.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stustoner View Post
You can purchase flexible hanging curtain track from Amazon and then purchase or make your own curtains. We did this in our Thor 24F when we needed an extra privacy curtain. Did not really need a print of the ceiling construction as the ceiling was thick enough and gave plenty of support for the curtains and the associated tracking. The track is very flexible and you can form it along whatever trajectory you desire. Wish I had pictures but I do not.
Hope this helps.
There is an A/C on the ceiling where a curtain would go under, making it difficult to install a curtain track.