Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2021, 11:22 PM   #1

Jayco Precept 34G

Has anyone dealt with the Ford recall on the low oil in the rear end. I just received the notice and checked the oil level. Didn’t feel the oil with my finger, added 4 quarts still didn’t feel the oil added 4 more quarts and we’re close. How bad is it to have driven the coach 1800 miles on low oil.
RobertB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:04 PM   #2

I topped mine off immediately when I got the coach (after about 1200 miles from factory and then to my house). I was down 3.5qts but didn't have any real shavings on the plug. I have since driven about 3500 miles and have not had an issue. I was able to convince a shop to order parts without the vehicle, but haven't taken it in for the work due to my travel schedule. Likely won't have the work completed for a few months (unless I break down before then).
Boiler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:49 PM   #3

Jayco 34G

Thanks I didn’t have any metal as well. The shops say the parts are about a month out. My concern is if the bearing are bad ,how would you know.
RobertB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:07 PM   #4

It's a gamble. As far as I know, there is no way to tell without tearing everything apart which is why they are just replacing them all. From many other posts on this, a lot of people are topping off and going on trips if there isn't a lot of shavings on the plug. I haven't heard of any of them breaking down, but it is still a possibility.
Boiler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 02:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertB View Post
Thanks I didn’t have any metal as well. The shops say the parts are about a month out. My concern is if the bearing are bad ,how would you know.
Ford is now replacing parts with aftermarket seals and bearing. I had mine done and then went back when Ford parts came in. Keeps you on road safely.
conch02 is offline   Reply With Quote