Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2017, 07:39 PM   #1

Ladder

Has anyone installed a ladder to access the roof? If so which ladder and who installed? I have an 2018 P31 Alante.

KHabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:29 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHabie View Post
Has anyone installed a ladder to access the roof? If so which ladder and who installed? I have an 2018 P31 Alante.
62 views and not 1 reply????

KHabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:49 AM   #3

I just did a forum search on "ladder installation" and got 103 results. Something there should help or get you started.

Herb & Mina
Katie, killer toy fox terrier & Boomer the cat
2015 Precept 35up (Vinnie)
2014 Jeep Wrangler
"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word" - Al Capone
herbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:58 AM   #4

Had the dealer install the laser as part of the purchase. According to the dealer Jayco quit including them for “liability” reasons. Took four months to get the ladder and about an hour to have it installed. According to the dealer the support blocks were there for mounting the ladder It is installed on the drivers side, looks good, and works for me. Hope that helps
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Gma-n-Gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHabie View Post
62 views and not 1 reply????
I'm guessing those 62 folks didn't have an appropriate answer for you....
2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma-n-Gpa View Post
Had the dealer install the laser as part of the purchase. According to the dealer Jayco quit including them for “liability” reasons. Took four months to get the ladder and about an hour to have it installed. According to the dealer the support blocks were there for mounting the ladder It is installed on the drivers side, looks good, and works for me. Hope that helps
I don't believe the "liability" story. Jayco went through an extended period, months, where their supplier was unable to ship ladders to them, due to manufacturing problems. So I think this experience led Jayco to re-think whether they could get away with eliminating ladders entirely. I got caught in the middle of that mess when my 2014 Melbourne needed a replacement ladder, and I got an earful about the disruptions that Jayco manufacturing was struggling with. At least they were surprisingly candid about the cause of inordinate delays. Hence the ladder was "engineered out" of my 2017 Precept 31UL, which I dislike. So now the question is: Can an owner like me order a replacement ladder for a 2016 Precept and have somebody install it with no problems, or did they also eliminate structural pieces behind the scenes, needed to drive the screws into?
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:00 PM   #7
RWK

i was told by dealer they could order me one and install it. Can't recall the cost as I'd put enough money into the coach by that time and opted out of spending more. I don't like heights anyway, LOL
RWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:58 AM   #8

My Dealer said "no", and since I'm still under warranty, that was the end of that. I sure wish I could see the roof and inspect it.
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:28 AM   #9

I dont trust or like the RV ladders so I bought a Lil'Giant ladder for $110. Much more stable, versatile and can carry a load up without over weighting it. It's great for cleaning windows, debugging the front cap and misc maintenance not on the roof.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2017, 08:32 AM   #10

I have a ladder, it came standard on my 2015. That being said, I wouldn't get one again. Two holes in the roofing membrane are never a good thing. The ladder is very flimsy anyways.

My father in law has an expandable ladder that he stores in one of his compartments and can expand and place where ever he needs it. He uses a foam noodle on the top rungs to spread the weight and prevent damage to his siding. I pretty much only use the ladder to get on the roof and clean off my slide, so a ladder that I could place against the siding and simply climb up and blow off the leaves would be so much easier.

spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote