Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2017, 05:10 PM   #1
RWK

LCI jacks

Greetings friends,
Had anyone with the LCI Jack's experienced a malfunction? We deployed our Jack's on Auto and the fronts came down but the backs only deployed half way. I hot manual and got them down the rest of the way. After calling the dealer they said to check my reservoir and to silicone spray the Jack arms. I did all this when I came home. I can't Auto deploy the jacks in my driveway because of the drastic angle. But I manually downed them after adding fluid and I silicone sprayed them. The question I have is how high on the reservoir should the fluid be filled? It's hard to reach and to ascertain the levels...... Any tricks, thoughts or ideas? I don't want to over fill it. Will be taking it out in a a few weeks for a weekend. Had a fantastic 10 day trip recently. Thanks for you thoughts.. ....
RWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:50 PM   #2

There is a fill line on the reservoir.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:03 PM   #3

They may need a 'reset' or something as well. Similar issue happened on my Dad's rig. Ended up calling the mfr, and they gave him some sequence of buttons to press.
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:37 PM   #4

Try calling LCI to trouble shoot. During our pdi the jacks malfunctioned and the dealer called LCI and worked with them in the phone to reset the jacks. A for the fluid level, remember the fill line pertains for when the jacks are up (retracted). When down, the fluid will be about half way down the reservoir.
Allen_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:00 AM   #5
RWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
There is a fill line on the reservoir.
Actually there is not a fill line, that would be to simple. Additionally the reservoir fill port is difficult to reach. The cap has a dip stick with 2 lines etched in it. The fluid is difficult to see on the dip stick when pulled to check. I will contact the manufacturer and get some more info.
RWK is offline   Reply With Quote