Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-21-2018, 09:07 PM   #1

LED Ground Lighting Under MH

Has anyone installed under the MH LED light strips shining down to light up the ground? If so how and what LED's did you use? I am looking at: Partsam 6X 4 Marine/Boat Slim Line Clear/White LED Utility Strip Light 6 Diodes Sealed on Amazon. I would like to mount 10 on the under frame of my 2018 Precept 31 UL. 4 on each side for the 32 foot length and one each in front and back. They would shine down to the ground and I could put a toggle/rocker switch inside near the entrance door. I don't believe I need to fuse this but am not and electrical guy so I am not sure. I am handy and can mount and wire them.
Parhole1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:35 AM   #2

I installed some down the passenger side on our Seneca. I used some multicolor ones off amazon and wired them into the supply for the storage compartment lights. These lights are peel-n-stick and I had a nice flange I ran it down after wiping down with alcohol but didn’t trust it so I just smeared a blob of clear silicone over the strip and flange about every 8” and so far it’s holding up good. I also ran just the white led lights in my compartment areas and wired in a door jam switch si when I open any compartment door, all the lights come on for the whole area.....much brighter and nicer.

LED Strip Lights,SMD 5050 300 LEDs RGB LED Strips 16.4Ft Waterproof Flexible Strip Color Changing LED Light Strip With 44Keys IR Remote Controller and 12V 5A Power Supply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XS8PS8N..._YSK9BbD7PPPV2
Attached Thumbnails
A9878668-1130-486C-BFB8-42CB18DB7FED.jpg   35E34DCA-AF93-4551-9F58-B0F6833E3F9D.jpg   F4034622-45F2-496C-8C0E-5D19AE730A67.jpg   60AA7CF2-EF11-458E-9E62-14CF98212954.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:25 AM   #3

Rustynuts,

Thanks for responding. You gave me more ideas with the great projects you did...good job! I am looking to do ground effects with this LED strip. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012I6EV80...detail_1?psc=1
I want to put 10 strips on one switch for ground effects. Four on each underside of frame and one front and back. I don't know amperage draw and wire gauge that I would need. I sent a question in Amazon so I hope I get the answers.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #4

I used the same strip lighting Rusty used but on my golf cart. It's been working flawlessly for a couple years now and my kids pretty much beat the crap out of the golf cart...so it's a good test of durability. I think I'd be more inclided to use the strip lighting versus the individual lights you are considering for simplicity sake.

I've been meaning to run some along the underside of my coach too.
Various arsenal of 2 wheel death machines
Back the Blue
glamisbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 10:16 AM   #5

LED Utility Strips

I have the strips under my kitchen cabinets for a 16' run for over 5 years. Had a 24" section of led's go out and in other areas, sparatic led's turn yellow even with the correct 12v transformer. What a pain to replace as I needed the holding clips for the 10 mm led strip. The self adhesive strip does not hang well upside down under the cabinets. I thought the utility strips would be easier to individually mount where I want them and easier to replace if hit by a road hazard on the Motorhome. These are the strips that they use on underside of cars. Just my thoughts and I am still open to suggestions.