Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-07-2019, 06:22 PM   #21

The $800 is to replace the complete headlight assembly. Contact the manufacturer of the headlight assembly and ask the if there is a distributor of the lamp units themselves to purchase and replace the lamp unit itself.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:58 AM   #22

Before I would a new one, I’d want to be 100% sure it can’t be repaired. Pop it out and take to someone that know electronics - not an RV dealer! Look for an electronic repair shop. It might be something really simple like a bad solder joint.
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by klspahr View Post
Before I would a new one, I’d want to be 100% sure it can’t be repaired. Pop it out and take to someone that know electronics - not an RV dealer! Look for an electronic repair shop. It might be something really simple like a bad solder joint.

One thing to know, there are two components to LED lights. There is an electronic driver and then the led assembly. Some LED assembly the driver is built into the lamp. I have tried to repair LED assemblies but they are extremely fragile and don't take to kindly to a soldering iron.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:28 AM   #24

As soon as it warm up a little as it is quite cold and Motorhome is in storage, I will definitely removed the whole unit and check it myself. Only the dealer check it. I will attempt to locate the original OEM manufacturer and see what can be done. Please note that only a section of the LED strip does not turn on, so there should be no issue with power getting to them. I had inserted a picture at the beginning of this Forum. I will re-post what I can find later, possibly by the end of March. I am not buying a new unit at this time, hopping I can fix it first. I should not have to do this on a 2017 unit, but not much choice as Jayco is no help.
Malyhupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:15 PM   #25

Please note that only a section of the LED strip does not turn on, so there should be no issue with power getting to them.

OK, that changes things. You have some dead LED's which can't be repaired or replaced. Hpofully you can just get the LED assembly replaced.