Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2020, 07:06 AM   #1

Light over bed and under bed

Hello, The light over the drop down bed in the cab is having some issues. I can turn it on but if I climb on the bed the light turns off. The light on the underside of that bed that lights up the cab area was very dim when I turned it on but after wiggling it, it is now bright as normal. Not sure if anyone as any insight into this issue.
Schwab518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:46 AM   #2

Wiggling the light, sounds like a bad wire connection. Might be the main power feed wire. But it could be a bad wire connection somewhere in the light fixture.

When you say wiggle, are you physically wiggling the entire light fixture or just some component within it? Assuming it is an LED based light. If the whole light fixture wiggles and that temporarily fixes the issue, then I would start at the wire nuts that connect the light's pig tails to the camper's wiring harness. If you are just wiggling the LED board I probably would start at the light switch, and then look at the wires between the switch and LED board. A multi-meter would be very handy here, to look at continuity and voltage. The LED board circuits could be going bad, and you might just have to replace the fixture.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwab518 View Post
Hello, The light over the drop down bed in the cab is having some issues. I can turn it on but if I climb on the bed the light turns off.

On the left side of the bed on the aluminum rail that the bed rides in, at the bottom, you'll see a small black switch. My guess is that the switch is in the wrong place and when you get on the bed its disconnecting and the light is going off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwab518 View Post
The light on the underside of that bed that lights up the cab area was very dim when I turned it on but after wiggling it, it is now bright as normal. Not sure if anyone as any insight into this issue.

Sounds like a loose connection, best bet is to take the cover off the light, check the connectivity to the bulb.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote