Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #21

Got ours in Jan 2018. Rocky start but nothing OMG. Happy trails since then. No issues and we would like to go a lot more than we do.
Good luck with decision and welcome to the forum.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:05 PM   #22

Tgoldsbury,

Congrats, I'm guessing you're going to love it. Happy travels.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:41 PM   #23

We have the 2018 31UL. It's our first class A and we love the layout and length. I was hesitant at first driving the beast but after a few trips it starts to seem smaller on the road. I imagine the full body paint is the way to go as some of my decals are already peeling. One actually still had the peel off cover still on it but had been there to long to remove it.

I recommend going over everything from to back and check for stripped or missing screws. In the bed room remove all the drawers and reinforce the backs that hold the rails. A lot of mine had screws that were in bad places and made drawers wobbly. Also check all the hardware on drawers and in kitchen as several were not aligned properly. The TV HDMI device and the power amp in the cabinet above the large raisable TV was completely wired incorrect and I removed it and redid all the wiring correctly. As was the outside TV and radio wiring inputs and outputs were reversed. Pull the panel under the fridge and check the gas furnace feeds, two of mine were disconnected and lying loose.

Also check you bed above drives seats, my rails on both sides had screws that missed their marks and were very loose. Finally check the king bed that slides out in your bedroom, several screws on mine were not seated corrected and gauged the wood badly underneath. I fixed it by attaching HDPE strips that I made and attached for rails so that it slide on those and not the wood. Beyond those things it's been a good rig. Feel free to hit me up with any additional questions since we have the same model and year.

Forgot I posted on bed frame before. Here's link
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post796563
Dopalgangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:29 AM   #24

Ford changed the front sway bar on some of the newer models therefore there are not four holes for sway bar attachment. So no chf needed. You did good getting the options you did from the dealer. Enjoy your motorhome it sounds awesome.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote