Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-19-2021, 07:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
They sell allen wrench sockets. You put them on a standard 3/8 handle from any socket driver handle. Maybe with that you could get in there. Some have very small increments so even a small movement of the end of the handle will turn the allen end of the socket. There are also power socket drivers and angle drivers that attach to drills.

If you find a good way to do this please tell us here for others to copy!
Will do. I got a 3/16 Allen wrench cut off the short end but will need to heat it up tomorrow and see if I can bend a 90 in the handle end.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
I suppose a 90 degree rosebud allen is too long. Very nice job, especially on hole location.
Thanks. There is only about 1/2” between the end of the bearing and track.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:56 PM   #23

Would have been nice to have the Allen wrench socket on the nut end but that would be too easy.
Old 10-19-2021, 08:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
Would have been nice to have the Allen wrench socket on the nut end but that would be too easy.
Yeah, these things definitely aren't designed with repair in mind. I've worked on a lot of government electronic gear with the same problem. Never supposed to break. Raytheon was the worst offender.
Old 10-20-2021, 02:43 PM   #25

Thanks for everyone's input. I've put the rig back in storage now, so I haven't actually taken a look to see if I can find exactly where it came from or if I'll try to replace it myself. But at least I know in general where it came from. Thanks again to you all.
dunk7105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 03:21 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
If you find a good way to do this please tell us here for others to copy!
X2. There are probably quite a few of us watching this thread. This a classic case of "an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure".
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 07:46 PM   #27

I was able to make an Allen wrench to fit inside the track. It’s still a real pain to get it in the right place but doable. I ended up getting jam nuts and after tightening up the inside one with the Allen wrench installed, I was able to lock it on with the other nut. Hopefully it will last. Still going to keep an eye on them.
I took the opportunity to remove the carpet from the recliner slide. Ordered another box of flooring to finish it up. Now to get the last of the carpet off of the doghouse.
Attached Thumbnails
D91B46D2-FFF7-44DE-B531-F090C5360E9F.jpg   1E864FE6-5716-409F-B2CC-0FCB6D7882A8.jpg   081CB485-FECD-4A1D-8F6F-8B3031E8F1F8.jpg   CD7EF665-9308-430B-AD1C-21BB427ED1D7.jpg  
Old 10-20-2021, 07:54 PM   #28

Being handy increases RV ownership satisfaction by spades as is certainly indicated by your solution. I have to feel for the folks that go into RV ownership without knowing how to fix stuff. They end up SO frustrated as indicated by so many posts on this and other forums.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:56 PM   #29

I did see after removing the carpet and the front board on the slide you can get to the 2 bearings on the inside.
Attached Thumbnails
004452CD-7A41-4903-A881-750B6401D10B.jpg  
Old 10-23-2021, 03:49 PM   #30

Get a Chapman driver set. Will make it easier.
crmillsjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:37 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmillsjr View Post
Get a Chapman driver set. Will make it easier.
I doubt it would fit inside the track. Less than 1/2” between the end of the bearing and track
Old 10-24-2021, 09:22 AM   #32

Slide out bearing. There are usually a few included in each roll out bar, so it can work with one or two missing, but I only found out when they started rolling around inside the coach! And of course, the warranty doesn't cover the repair! Good luck!
Jamnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 12:30 PM   #33

Slide Out Bearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk7105 View Post
I have a 2019 Precept 29V.
I found this part (pictured) on the floor, and I have no idea where it came from. It is threaded; the large end spins freely; there is a hex head in the large end to screw it into wherever it goes.
Does anybody know what it is?
Thanks

dunk7105
I know exactly what this bearing is. It's like one of a number of bearings used in my large front slide out's metal rail mechanism in my 2017 Jayco Precept. After it fell out, my slide started rocking back and forth and dragging on my floor fortunately causing only slight damage.

But, since it came from my large front slide, I decided not to try to replace it myself but instead took my Precept into the shop. They claimed it was hard to get at because (unlike the below video) they had to work from underneath the slide on the outside. Anyway, they had to replace two missing rollers (I think out of four) and it cost me over a thousand in labor costs. They said they put thread locking compound in the threads to prevent them from coming loose again.
hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 01:52 PM   #34

Rollers Falling out from Power Gear Slideout s

I think its time for Lippert to come forward and admit they have a design flaw in their Power Gear Slide System. I have had two bearing fallout on me RV during my second year of ownership of my 2019 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. This system is flawed .Ask any service mechanic and they will say the same thing. You can’t over tight the bearing nut or the bearing won’t roll. If you under tighten it ,it comes loose over time and the bearing falls out . As an RV owner ,I shouldn’t have to cross my fingers and hope the bearing aren’t going to fall out each time I put a slide out. This is major problem that Lippert should be looking into and come up with a permanent solution.Spread the word.It’s the only way anything will get done.
anolan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:11 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by anolan59 View Post
I think its time for Lippert to come forward and admit they have a design flaw in their Power Gear Slide System. I have had two bearing fallout on me RV during my second year of ownership of my 2019 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. This system is flawed .Ask any service mechanic and they will say the same thing. You can’t over tight the bearing nut or the bearing won’t roll. If you under tighten it ,it comes loose over time and the bearing falls out . As an RV owner ,I shouldn’t have to cross my fingers and hope the bearing aren’t going to fall out each time I put a slide out. This is major problem that Lippert should be looking into and come up with a permanent solution.Spread the word.It’s the only way anything will get done.
I put 2 thin nuts on mine and put access holes in the floor to keep an eye on them.
Attached Thumbnails
DD9F691F-8683-4B5B-A9D5-5CCAF7336DA3.jpg  
Old 02-07-2022, 01:56 PM   #36

Also Lost Bearings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikerjohn7 View Post
I know exactly what this bearing is. It's like one of a number of bearings used in my large front slide out's metal rail mechanism in my 2017 Jayco Precept. After it fell out, my slide started rocking back and forth and dragging on my floor fortunately causing only slight damage.

But, since it came from my large front slide, I decided not to try to replace it myself but instead took my Precept into the shop. They claimed it was hard to get at because (unlike the below video) they had to work from underneath the slide on the outside. Anyway, they had to replace two missing rollers (I think out of four) and it cost me over a thousand in labor costs. They said they put thread locking compound in the threads to prevent them from coming loose again.
Your experience is almost exactly what I had on my 2017 Jaco Precept large slide. The slide mechanism is certainly poorly engineered. But it keeps the dealer shops in business.
hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 01:15 PM   #37

Slide bearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikerjohn7 View Post
Your experience is almost exactly what I had on my 2017 Jaco Precept large slide. The slide mechanism is certainly poorly engineered. But it keeps the dealer shops in business.
I found the bearing on the floor of my 2019 precept 33u. Floor is getting gouged. I have a good Sam warranty. Hope they will fix this
Dfonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 01:32 PM   #38

Access to roller bearings

I have a 2019 precept 33u
Does anybody know how to access these bearings on the main slide
Dfonli is offline   Reply With Quote