Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2023, 07:12 AM   #1

Macerator not working

I can't seem to find the fuse for the macerator, does anyone know where that is? I checked the fuse box but there is no listing for the macerator.
xraymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 07:27 AM   #2

I thought there was a problem with the water pump too, but that is working.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:37 AM   #3

Did you verify that you don't have power at the macerator? You might be chasing a power issue that isn't the cause of your problem.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 10:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
Did you verify that you don't have power at the macerator? You might be chasing a power issue that isn't the cause of your problem.
I have not. I was just leaving a campground this morning and now I am home. I figured a fuse is the quickest, and within the power issues, to check. I was troubled to find that my fuse box does not list the macerator at all, which has me wondering where it is.

I'm about to climb under there to see if I'm getting power.
Old 05-09-2023, 11:10 AM   #5

I could not hear the macerator at the park. Now that I'm home and climbed up under there, I can hear it wanting to work, so I guess I'm looking at a clog. Looking under there, I'm not really sure where a drain if any is.

For right now, since we just put in all the chemicals, borax, calgon and dawn mixture, I opened the black valve for a few seconds to let some of that down in the macerator. I'm hoping that will break up any clogs.
Old 05-09-2023, 11:17 AM   #6

What model camper are we dealing with here? It may come down to disassembling the macerator which obviously can be a messy job. Definitely sounds like a clog or a jam of some sort.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 11:22 AM   #7

2016 Jayco Precept 31UL
Old 05-13-2023, 11:58 AM   #8

Ok folks, I did the nasty. I crawled up under there and removed the not-so-clear cover. After the residual water and sludge stopped dripping I checkd the impeler. I was able to freely turn it with my finger. When I fliped the macerator switch on and off a couple of quick times I could see the impeler move ever so slightly.

Unless anyone has any more ideas, it looks like I'm going back to LazyDays to fix it.
Old 04-09-2024, 06:15 PM   #9

I have a 2020 Precept Prestiege 36H, having the same issue with a Sani-Con Macerator. What was your fix?
Gfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 08:57 PM   #10

Well, it was "fixed", but not how I planned it. When I went to LazyDays, they took it completely out (without clearly telling me what they planned to do) and installed a swivel type of Y. In the end it turned out to be the right way to go because I planned on having Kleen Tank clean out my black and gray tank. Come to find out that sometimes they cannot get to the tanks because of the 90-degree turns through the macerator.

A bonus of the Y swivel is I can hook up the waste pipe either through the door or out the bottom of the RV. Sometimes there isn't a lot of clearance out the bottom so it's nice to have options.
Old 04-11-2024, 10:09 PM   #11

I've found it takes a lot of water to get the macerator working. I usually pull one of the grey tank drains first to get the macerator box full of water then open the black. I think opening just the black tank causes a rush of solids that can block the macerator
johnsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 02:40 PM   #12

This my first time owning a macerator. Seems like a bunch of extra parts to go wrong while you're handling crap. What's the purpose?
twinws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 04:33 AM   #13

Any chance you could send a couple pictures of what LazyDaz did? I have a 2018 31UL and haven't used the macerator in over a year when it stopped working.
2020 F150 Sport Toad
TGoldsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 09:07 AM   #14

Mine stopped working last year although I have never really used it (2018 31UL). I went to use it at a place where the sewer drain was located uphill so I figured it was the best scenario to use it anyway. Flipped the switch and nothing, checked everything and nothing. Ended up pulling the clear cover and removing the super clog (damn kids). Then just went to the dump station and dumped the rest. Haven't fooled with it yet but I'll give it a whirl when I de-winterize it.

2018 Precept 31UL aka "The Money Pit"
2014 Nissan Versa TOAD
Dopalgangr is offline   Reply With Quote