Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2017, 02:28 PM   #1

making the move! Alante into a Precept

We've had our Alante for a year and a half now, 31V, and for a first Class A, it's been great for us. We've learned a lot about our needs/wants, and we've learned what to expect from a Motorcoach.

We are getting ready to move into the heavier chassis (22k) that the Precept offers. I spent about 45 minutes looking at some other similar Class A, from Thor, and the fit and finish just doesn't compare. So Precept it is.

We are lookign into the 35, not sure on the package yet. Any thing we should look out for? Our local dealer has a New holdover 2016 35S on the lot for $106k, but not sure I want to automatically wind up 3 model years old in the NADA book, since I'll be financing it.

Anyone else made the switch? Have opinions to share?
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:47 PM   #2

I see that CW in Kingston currently has a new 2017 Precept 31UL offered at $99K. With the expensive paint option, too, which we think is a big plus. That is where we bought our 2017 Precept 31UL. Is a lot of coach for the money, if you ask me.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:23 PM   #3

We settled on a 2017, 35s. Look at the best, find the floor plan you like, then buy what you can afford. Good luck and happy shopping.
2 dogs
1 wife
US Army Vet. 66-68
Private pilot
rahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #4

$106k for a '16 35S is no bargain. I'd offer 90k. The 16 has a couple of things the '17 doesn't have like an ice maker and a ladder but doesn't have the stainless steel sinks or the table to put between the captains chairs. Does the one you saw have full body paint? If not I'd offer 85 and see where it goes from there.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:20 PM   #5

The one we saw had the full paint. It was missing the bunk option, and no washer/dryer either, otherwise had everything else I think.

Complicating the matter, is we are upside down on our Alante, so I'm sure in negotiations they leave it at 106 to make our Alante look better. Either way the difference was more than we can swing this year, so we will pay it down more, and look into it next year instead.
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote