Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2019, 03:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkster View Post
doing a thorough pdi is a good idea for the new owner to learn how to operate the many systems on the motorhome. But, all the systems should work from the factory. It should not be the owners or dealership responsibility to debug. That lies with the factory. It's a sad state of affairs that it is this way now. How far does this go? We have to check for clips on wipers, rust on frame, leaks, carry a fridge thermometer, and torque wrench to check the tire lugs? It's getting ridiculous.

totally agree!
Woldum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #22

I also want to add..... Camperworld in Las Vegas.... they took in our camper almost IMMEDIATELY!! We called them up when in the area and within a couple of days we had an appointment (as opposed to waiting multiple months for an appointment with RVDirect). We luckily had plans to visit family anyway over the holidays (basically the entire time from Thanksgiving - after Christmas) so we had places to go and people to see while the repairs were made. We are satisfied with the service from them.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #23

Sheesh, it's happening again!

Water pump now refusing to work at all! My husband is swearing mad! He's trying to contact Des Moines RVdirect (RVone) because we are passing right by there, but I have my doubts about their service. So we will see what happens! Stay tuned!
Old 05-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #24

WOW! I thought I had a lot of issues with my Alante, about a dozen major and a lot of little nit picking things I fixed myself. But you are by far the winner of the "I got screwed by Jayco" award! It took me a full year to get all of the factory FUBAR's fixed, now haven't had anything go south in almost 2 years (knock on wood) so hopefully you will get this all behind you and be able to enjoy your RV stress free.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:43 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woldum View Post
Water pump now refusing to work at all! My husband is swearing mad! He's trying to contact Des Moines RVdirect (RVone) because we are passing right by there, but I have my doubts about their service. So we will see what happens! Stay tuned!

Which way are you heading? If it's the water pump issue you need help getting fixed and heading to Nebraska please let me know. Thanks!
JaycoChix89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:57 AM   #26

Sorry everyone, turns out we did get the pump to work. I googled looking for advice on water pumps. What I think happened is we had completely empty water tanks, but a couple days ago we had used City water connection so our plumbing lines were full of water. Then later on when we tried filling the tanks and turning the water pump on the empty lines going up to the non-primed pump meant that the pump was not strong enough to push the water already in the rest of the pipes so the pump was stalled. We had tried to run it for several minutes with no results so we turned off pump. After thinking about it alot as we were driving my thought was maybe we need to empty our water lines using low point drain then try the pump again? We did that, and then after that the pump was able to get primed after only a few seconds and now operates again.

Always learning! But I do feel a little foolish, it was our user error this time.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #27

Glad you found the cause and let us know.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote