Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2022, 11:51 PM   #281

I look at the floor plan on the Vision XL 36C and I love it, the dealer since we work out the email situation haven't got back with me, I do know that the salesman said that they were putting in the plumbing for the W&D so I'm hope that they need to do that before they get back with me.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:36 PM   #282

Power from doghouse to switchbank

Mark - where did you pick up 12V power for the switchbank you installed on the left side of your doghouse? I'd like to power my Garmin and toad remote brake signal device.

Your post:

Completed the front console additions/insulation
To complete the Console area modifications, I insulated the inside and floor of the console (using Dyna Hoodliner) and stuffed fiberglass in any voids I could find in & under the dash (wherever I could reach).

On the left side of the console (pic 1 & 2) I cut out and mounted a master 12v accessory panel that had a standard size cig lighter 12v socket, 2 USB 5v sockets, 5 rocker 12v switches with "on" indicator lights and a digital voltmeter.

I used 3 of the switches...
I attached the main 12v power to the radio to sw1 (since it was always hot & on from Jayco)
I attached the main 12v power to the Garmin RV 890 GPS (pic 3 front)
I attached the main 12v power to the Rear View Safety (RVS) Quad View Backup/Side mirrors Camera 7" monitor (pic 3 back)
Since I was adding the RVS monitor, I removed the factory PAC Camera Switch (pic 4). By removing the PAC camera switch, I also am not sending any video to the Sony 3000 radio. The new RVS monitor now receives 3 camera inputs (back, left & ride sides), and 3 +12v triggers from the reverse lights and the left/right turn signals). In normal mode, the RVS monitor displays all 3 camera videos simultaneously (it has the ability to display 4 cameras if you'd want to add a front camera) and when a +12v trigger is detected, that camera video fills the entire screen. The color video quality is high resolution and much better that the factory video on the radio screen. The switch between video is very fast, near real time.

Finally, if you look closely at pic 3 (click on it to enlarge the picture), you'll see I mounted the "hands free" mic, from the radio for mobile phone use, to the top of the steering column from the lower left side where the factory mounted it.

Still to come is changing out the 50" living room TV to an LG OLED 4K Smart TV, adding a dedicated DVD player to the rear bedroom TV and a sound bar with remote subwoofer to both TVs. In addition, I'll be installing MobileMustHave.com Ultimate Road Warrior Bundle with MobileMark external antenna Link: I have a few other odds and ends like adding Vents to the Generator door to help reduce heat, propane fire pit, and maybe a table top to replace the small "cup holder" style table that installs between the two front seats that came from the factory with something a little larger that I can use for a desk.

Thx Mark
AussieBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:43 AM   #283

Hi mark,
I noticed you have a roof access ladder on yours. Mine came without one and the factory says it was not offered for this year 34G. Is that aftermarket installed?
Brent5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 12:03 PM   #284

I believe Jayco is wrong as mine came from the factory that way

Mark
mkassab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 07:57 AM   #285

Roof ladder

I made a mistake. Mine is 2020. Not sure if that should make a difference since its basically the same unit.
Brent5059 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, inverter power electrical, solar installation, sound & floor insulation, washer/dryer combo