Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2018, 08:15 PM   #1

moisture on celing and a/c ducts

2017 26xd, We are in Lancaster,Pa and I noticed today moisture on a spot
on the ceiling. Then checked the a/c ducts and all except the one bedroom had moisture on them. The a/c unit frame had moisture on it also. Took the filters out and no moisture up in there. The a/c runs almost constantly set at 75 and water running off roof. I keep the bathroom vent open about 3-4 inches and we use the fan when using the shower. Had a previous Cl C for 11 years and never had this problem. I did wipe ducts and a/c off and we were out for about 6 hours and when checked on return some had moisture again.we have had rv a year and not seen this before.any suggestions appreciated.
Lillys Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:44 AM   #2

I had the same issue. I have a 15k dometic and had to do some work to remedy the situation. I found the unit was just recycling the supply air because the baffle was poorly installed and allowing the cold supply air to mix with the warmer return air. Also I taped the are between the ceiling and supply duct around the diffuser. That was allowing the air to leak out above the ceiling causing the moisture around the diffusers. I can now keep the trailer at 74 and the unit will cycle. You should close the vent when the a/c is on . By leaving it open you are drawing in moist outside air. You are right in opening and using the fan when showering though. Good luck!
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:04 AM   #3

I was having issue also with our 15k Coleman seeming like it just would keep up as well as making a rattle noise. I opened up the unit from inside and to add screws to the plastic and also found the inside baffle was not straight up and down and was allowing for cold air to be pulled into the supply. As soon as I re-positioned the baffle I noticed an immediate increase in efficiency.