Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2021, 06:02 AM   #1

New Alante 31V

We have always owned fifth wheels and just purchased our first motorhome have to say I’m nervous The storage is Definately less than Im used to Just wondering in the Alante 31V there’s a narrow pretty much useless pantry Has anyone tried converting it into a pull out pantry I think it would make it a lot more user friendly if possible Also has anyone removed the tv over the kitchen cabinets and out in shelves or a cupboard I think it’s a really dumb place for a tv and could use more cupboard space
DebGot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:16 AM   #2

Have a 2016 31v and I added slide out shelves in the pantry. It's so deep that my s.o. couldn't reach the stuff in the back so now there's a way to do that!
Old 04-25-2021, 04:00 AM   #3

Good to hear we haven’t got it home yet but that’s my problem I’m short I won’t be able to reach anything
Old 04-25-2021, 06:21 AM   #4

We are also going to remove ThE tv in the kitchen and out in some cupboards
Old 04-27-2021, 01:10 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebGot View Post
We have always owned fifth wheels and just purchased our first motorhome have to say I’m nervous The storage is Definately less than Im used to Just wondering in the Alante 31V there’s a narrow pretty much useless pantry Has anyone tried converting it into a pull out pantry I think it would make it a lot more user friendly if possible

My 31V has the 4 door fridge, so no pantry at all, so we use the cabinets above the theatre seats for the pantry. We have no issues with using that space and we have plenty of room.

Quote:
Also has anyone removed the tv over the kitchen cabinets and out in shelves or a cupboard I think it’s a really dumb place for a tv and could use more cupboard space

In the 31V, the TV is below the cabinets and above the counter top. Are you saying you're going to remove the TV and put cabinet space below the existing cabinet and above the counter top? Are you concerned about impacting the counter top space and its usability?
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:13 PM   #6

Thanks I知 excited to get it home I知 sure I知 stressing About nothing lol change is hard
Old 04-27-2021, 01:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks I知 excited to get it home I知 sure I知 stressing About nothing lol change is hard

Completely understand.... I will say that what you may lack in inside storage, I think you'll find the outside storage will make up for. Also don't forget under the dinette is a good bit of storage, not to mention 3 small cabinets in the cockpit above the seats.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:26 PM   #8

Yes I wish the under dinette storage was drawers but we checked that out and doesn稚 even look like that can be changed
Old 04-27-2021, 01:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Yes I wish the under dinette storage was drawers but we checked that out and doesn’t even look like that can be changed

Not easily... but I also wish the same. What I did was put hinges on the wood panels under the seats. Now I just pull up on the seat cushion and the seat panel grab what I need. I would consider gettin a spare tire and putting it in the first passthrough bay on top of the frame in that smaller space. The 19" tires can be difficult to find sometimes and having one with you can be the difference between a roadside rim change from a service truck, or a couple day wait for one to be shipped in. I would consider a rear track bar and steering stabilizer, both will go along way in the handling.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:45 PM   #10

Thanks for the info like I said we are new to motor homes Our last river was a 37 foot so my husbands used to towing but this is Definitely different Any pointers are welcome and appreciated
Old 04-27-2021, 02:48 PM   #11

Yes that’s what we are thinking Probabaly will be a narrow cabinet maybe even just shelves We never watch tv while camping and now we have 3 lol I noticed the entegra 31v is indentical to the jayco 31v who makes the integra
Old 04-28-2021, 06:16 AM   #12

Correct, in fact the Entegra gas line is produced in the Jayco plant, just badged differently as they roll out. Couple other very minor differences nowadays, but really the same coach. So the Entegra Vision and Jayco Allante are the same, so differences are sometimes cabinet colors, etc... These days the Entegras come with 50amp service and 15K BTU AC in the front and 13.5K in the rear and they deleted the energy management system. I personally like the 30amp coach and the energy management system as I camp at mainly state parks and sometimes the number of 50amp sites is limited.