Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2021, 06:48 PM   #1

New Alante Issues at site now. Need help plz

Hey Guys!
So we have a new 2021 Alante 27a and having a few issues.
Biggest issue now is the exterior door handle for one of the storage doors broke. It felt weird when I opened the door and when it closed fine but the door handle is free feeling with no ability to open the storage unit anymore. Very Very unsafe and I have necessary items in that unit I need to get to. Any advice or help. Here are pics and vid.
Other issues so far is the windshield wipers are very poor and loud.
Second the passenger front stabilizer jack is leaking.
On top of that I can’t get the oven to work, Stove works but no flame for stove.
Additional issues are the only door for entrance is extremely hard to close even after dealer adjustments. And still have no idea how to operate the 2nd ac unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
THank You!
RealEstateRichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:56 PM   #2

Just some thoughts; the oven might have a manual pilot that has to be lit first. Check your manual.

As to the entry door, if you’re a little off level that might cause the door to bind. Get your bubble level out and make sure you’re good to go front and side. If the door continues to be an issue, put the bubble level directly in front of the door and level again.

Hopefully some of this is helpful.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:57 PM   #3

We’re these items checked during your PDI inspection
Old 04-09-2021, 07:00 PM   #4

Not sure for pdi. 1700 miles a lots of issues. Not the happiest camper and not my first rv....
Attached Thumbnails
6808616B-C3C9-4762-B73A-CCF9E8E6805D.jpg  
Old 04-09-2021, 07:03 PM   #5

Try pushing in on the door when you pull on the latch. Also did it lock? Some latches act that way when locked, handle moves freely.

For the oven it takes a while to bleed the air out so the pilot will light, you need patience there. Once the pilot is lit it may take a minute for the thermo couple to allow the burner to come on.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:57 PM   #6

I have a 2019 Alante 26x and I have had to replace one of those door latches as well. Not sure what to do to get it open but there is a web address for the manufacturer of the latch once you get it out. And like everyone says, pilot light. You pretty much have to stand on your head to get a flame under there.
PJ & Janna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 07:46 PM   #7

Thanks for the help. RV in shop and look forward to getting it back. Anyone experience their jacks leaking at all when in use? Common or definitely a problem?
Old 05-25-2021, 05:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealEstateRichie View Post
Common or definitely a problem?
Not common.. something is amiss.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Thanks for the help. RV in shop and look forward to getting it back. Anyone experience their jacks leaking at all when in use? Common or definitely a problem?
While installing the front Tru-Bal sleeves and Master Bal rings on the front, I used the hydro jacks to raise the wheels off the ground. I also used jack stands for safety..... Well, the front jacks did leak down... easy fix, back on the hydro pump where the hydro lines connect to it, one line was loose and dripped hydro fluid. A simple 9/16s open end wrench did the trick... I had two loose lines.

Mark
Old 05-27-2021, 04:47 PM   #10

Thank you. I will see if I have any loose lines.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Hey Guys!
So we have a new 2021 Alante 27a and having a few issues.
Biggest issue now is the exterior door handle for one of the storage doors broke. It felt weird when I opened the door and when it closed fine but the door handle is free feeling with no ability to open the storage unit anymore. Very Very unsafe and I have necessary items in that unit I need to get to. Any advice or help. Here are pics and vid.
Other issues so far is the windshield wipers are very poor and loud.
Second the passenger front stabilizer jack is leaking.
On top of that I can’t get the oven to work, Stove works but no flame for stove.
Additional issues are the only door for entrance is extremely hard to close even after dealer adjustments. And still have no idea how to operate the 2nd ac unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
THank You!
I have the same issue with the stove. It eventually works, but you do have to bleed the line for what seems like an unreasonable amount of time. If anyone has figured out a hack for the stove....please post.
Esqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 05:29 PM   #12

2021 Alante 27A. Had leaky leveler on back passenger side. A mechanic at a truckstop used a star wrench to tighten the opening on the jacket self.
Does anyone know where the leveler hydraulic fuel reservoir is located on a Jayco Alante 27A?
Evanwride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 07:32 PM   #13

Yes it is near the battery slide out and propane tank on the driver side.
Old 05-30-2021, 06:59 AM   #14

Lighting the Stove

I have found if you turn the oven knob to the light position and hold the knob in for about 30 seconds, click the igniter and light the pilot light, keep holding the oven knob in for about 10 seconds before turning to desired temp.
Jmurray65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 07:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmurray65 View Post
I have found if you turn the oven knob to the light position and hold the knob in for about 30 seconds, click the igniter and light the pilot light, keep holding the oven knob in for about 10 seconds before turning to desired temp.
Many ovens don't have an igniter and the pilot light needs to be lit manually.
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:17 AM   #16

Will try it...thanks
Esqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 06:52 PM   #17

hydraulic fluid for levelers

Quote:
Yes it is near the battery slide out and propane tank on the driver side.
Thank you RealestateRichie ! found it, how can you possibly fill the reservoir with only a few inch clearance on top and a bunch of cables on top???
Old 05-31-2021, 07:07 PM   #18

Purchase Alante 27a in Feb 2021. We had the front door adjusted twice and the 2nd attempt worked, closes easily now. Front A/C control is in kitchen, back A/c is in bedroom. each uses 7-8 amps. Our back passenger side leveler leaked and a mechanic at a loves truck stop tightened an opening on the side with a "star wrench".
Couple of question's for you: the speakers in the ceiling over the couch and sink-only the couch speaker works, any idea how to adjust the balance so both speaker produce sound? Do your screens slide easily on the driver and passenger windows? Also, the windows make a lot of wind noise at 60mph and above.

thank you