Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-16-2021, 02:40 PM   #1
Nan

New class A

We just bought a new 29 ft Jayco Alante. We are looking forward to traveling with it. We now own a 26 ft Jayco Jay Flight SLX. We should get the new one in a few weeks. We bought it at the Tampa RV show. Very nice show. People with Jayco were great to work with.
Nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:05 AM   #2

Congratulations. We just bought an Alante 31v yesterday. Will be picking it up next weekend. We were supposed to go to the Tampa Rv show, but decided last minute to drive to Alabama instead. We are looking forward to traveling full time soon.. Congratulations again..
JHaynes909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:31 AM   #3

Welcome to the JOF and congratulations to both of you on your new rigs. Enjoy the lifestyle albeit it may differ slightly from years past. You will make lots of memories.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:08 AM   #4

Congrats and enjoy your new Jayco Alante.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:21 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
We just bought a new 29 ft Jayco Alante. We are looking forward to traveling with it. We now own a 26 ft Jayco Jay Flight SLX. We should get the new one in a few weeks. We bought it at the Tampa RV show. Very nice show. People with Jayco were great to work with.

Congrats on the new Allante 29S. I was at the show Friday and Saturday, considering Covid and the cold, the place was pretty busy.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHaynes909 View Post
Congratulations. We just bought an Alante 31v yesterday. Will be picking it up next weekend. We were supposed to go to the Tampa Rv show, but decided last minute to drive to Alabama instead. We are looking forward to traveling full time soon.. Congratulations again..

Congratulations on the Allante 31V. I have the sister-ship from Entegra, the Vision 31V. Same factory, same feautres, just a few minor differences. If you're anything like me you'll absolutely love it. You may want to do some suspension upgrades, she can be a handful. I would recommend the CHF, a rear trac bar, and a steering stabilizer.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:31 PM   #7

Be sure to get an alignment done on your new Alante. Call Jayco before hand and they will authorize it and reimburse you for it.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 07:54 PM   #8

Thank you. We will be sure to do that.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
Be sure to get an alignment done on your new Alante. Call Jayco before hand and they will authorize it and reimburse you for it.
Good to know. I'm picking up my new 2021 Alante 29F this coming week. Thanks for the advice.
Esqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:41 AM   #10
Nan

It turns out that my Jayco Alante would not be ready until April. So they offered us the same interior in an upgraded coach called Entegra vision for same price. We are to pick it up on February 16. Looking forward to it.
Old 02-16-2021, 02:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
It turns out that my Jayco Alante would not be ready until April. So they offered us the same interior in an upgraded coach called Entegra vision for same price. We are to pick it up on February 16. Looking forward to it.

Congrats on the new 31V... I have the same model and love it. You'll want to consider the CHF (Cheap Handling Fix) if applicable to your chassis, having an alignment done, and to me a rear-trac bar and front steering stabilizer are must-haves. They will greatly improve the driveability of the unit.

Enjoy, I know we are...
Old 02-17-2021, 12:44 AM   #12

We r potentially buying a 27a Sunday. Do u think the dealer will do an alignment before we drive away?
Annwride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 06:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annwride View Post
We r potentially buying a 27a Sunday. Do u think the dealer will do an alignment before we drive away?

Not sure about your dealer, but typically they aren't equipped for that. You need to find a truck alignment shop familiar with the Ford F53 chassis.

Mickey
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 07:06 AM   #14

X2... the dealer typically isn't equiped to do this. I would look for a big truck repair shop, they can do it. If you're planning on any suspension upgrades, I would do it all at once. It doesn't do much good to align it then change shocks, add sumo springs, trac bars, etc... I would do those things then align it at the same time.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
X2... the dealer typically isn't equiped to do this. I would look for a big truck repair shop, they can do it. If you're planning on any suspension upgrades, I would do it all at once. It doesn't do much good to align it then change shocks, add sumo springs, trac bars, etc... I would do those things then align it at the same time.

None of the items listed here will affect the alignment. They are however extremely helpful items to improve the ride of an F-53 chassis.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:41 PM   #16

I am leary of the Cheap Handling Fix (CHF), which to a retired Medic means Congestive Heart Failure, based on some of the failures occurring to the sway bar after this change is made. I have not, however, found out if this will void the warranty? The use of the other hole does change the geometry of the assembly and would seem to indicate that additional displaced pressure will be applied to the system. Any engineers out there who can enlighten us? I'm adding a Safe T Plus steering controller before we hit the road this spring. We'll let you know how it goes.

Semper Paratus
GMan215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 06:43 AM   #17
Nan

Turns out our Alante wouldn’t be ready till April so the Jacob dealer offered us the Jayco Entegra same design fir same price. We are now enjoying our new RV.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:46 AM   #18

Awesome. Congratulations
Old 03-02-2021, 05:55 AM   #19

We bought our 2021 31v last september and immediately left to the west coast for 5 weeks. It was quite a shakedown cruise, but the unit did remarkably well. One thing you might confirm is that they have performed the recall service on your unit and installed the heat shield under the engine cover. Otherwise that compartment cover gets pretty hot. I'd be interested to hear how you like your unit.
Safe travels.
JonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:07 AM   #20

Yes that recall was taken care of on our unit So far we really like it. Considering adding a sway bar due to the shakiness. All though it's not too bad. Haven't went more then 600 miles with it at a time so far still testing the waters..only issues so far have been winterizing was difficult but we managed to get it.. And our first trip out the overhead bunk guide rail pulled out of the wall..