Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2022, 01:22 PM   #1

Question New Here- 2022 Jayco Precept 31UL

Hello, I just purchased a new Precept 31UL. I had a 24 ft. Forest River class C prior. I'm just learning to drive a class A, I'm a little nervous about that.

We can not figure out how to swivel the front passenger seat. The driver's side worked great but the passenger side won't budge. I tried some of the suggestions on this forum but nothing works. Any suggestions would be great. It takes so long to get a service appointment. Also, the rear blinkers blink in the opposite direction than they should. Very dangerous on our 3 hour drive home from the dealer and not knowing that. The front ones work correctly. Any help there would be much appreciated.

We plan to take it to California or Arizona or Nevada for a few months in the winter months. Any suggestions on RV parks to stay at would be great!

Glad to be here!
Dawnh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:02 PM   #2

Both front seats on my 2020 31UL are identical.
The release to allow them to swivel is down forward on the right side of the seats.
Pull it back and hold it while starting to swivel the seat.
Once out of the straight ahead position you do not need to hold the release.
The passenger seat in mine has to be moved way forward to swivel around.
Your results may vary.
bykerhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 03:45 AM   #3

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnh2 View Post
Hello, I just purchased a new Precept 31UL. I had a 24 ft. Forest River class C prior. I'm just learning to drive a class A, I'm a little nervous about that.

We can not figure out how to swivel the front passenger seat. The driver's side worked great but the passenger side won't budge. I tried some of the suggestions on this forum but nothing works. Any suggestions would be great. It takes so long to get a service appointment. Also, the rear blinkers blink in the opposite direction than they should. Very dangerous on our 3 hour drive home from the dealer and not knowing that. The front ones work correctly. Any help there would be much appreciated.

We plan to take it to California or Arizona or Nevada for a few months in the winter months. Any suggestions on RV parks to stay at would be great!

Glad to be here!
It could be the rear blinkers were made to have a right and left side, and they might be switched. That could be an easy swap depending on the mounting and connections. If that's the case, make sure they're sealed good when re-applied. Good luck.

... agreeing with bykerhd on the seats. If it is secured with a pin (most are), once the pin is pulled it's either obstructed or bound.

Also, I don't have any suggestions for where to stay in those areas, but make those winter reservations ASAP. They're getting hard to find.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 08:18 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum and congrats.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:13 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:01 AM   #6

Should be a wiring harness back where the trailer hitch is. Possibly they got the harness plugged in backwards. Your swivel seat may just be really stiff. Have someone pull the lever and someone else swivel the seat. If it comes loose, turn it back and forth a few times to loosen it up. You may also put some lube on it. Oh yea, we love our 31 UL

Tags
2022 precept 31ul, blinkers, new member, seats, snow birding