Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2019, 10:53 AM   #1

New Here...New Precept

Greetings All!!! Happy to be here!! At least virtually anyways!! I just signed the papers to pick up my 2019 Precept 31UL next month!!! I知 so excited and extremely nervous all at once!! I知 going to be full timing it!! All of my friends and family think I知 absolutely bat sh*t crazy, but they already knew this!! It痴 been a dream of mine since my daughter was a wee one, now she痴 25!! Time to live the dream!! Sooooo, I知 hoping to get some advice, encouragement, reassurance, and maybe some good ole-fashioned cautionary tales of the do痴 and dont痴 ahead for my pick up day and the first few months.

I知 an auto damage appraiser by trade, so I quickly pointed out a few things to the salesman for them to address. But, I知 wondering if anyone has experienced this issues??

0. The automatic shade for the windshield was intermittent. Stopped operating half way. The switch on the driver console also got EXTREMELY HOT!!
0. The passenger front slide next to the entry door was leaking water from the top right closest to the door when the slide was retracted. I知 Sooooo thankful for Florida thunderstorms!!! Struck while we were in the parking lot looking everything over!!
0. The shower stall wall is warped at the top, pulling away from the sidewall and damaged the wallpaper a bit.
0. The microwave and light under the microwave were inoperative.
0. The generator shut off half way through our walk through. Yes, it was above 90 that day!! I saw some posts about this...
0. The dinette table is loose and coming off of the wall where the TV traverses up and down.
If any of you have any experience and wisdom to share with me, I welcome it!! Thanks again for having me!! Safe and Happy Travels to All!!
MaeMoontheWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin and enjoy your 2019 Precept 31UL!
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:38 PM   #3

Welcome to the JOF and enjoy the new lifestyle you are about to embark on.
The windshield shade is designed to only travel part way down when the engine is running as a safety feature. When the engine is off, then yes, it should travel all the way down to the dash. Make sure you search this forum for a PDI (pre-delivery inspection) form or checklist. Take it with you when you go to pick up the coach and be sure to have all the boxes checked before you drive off the lot. Don’t be rushed and don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions. If there is anything you don’t understand have them explain it again. You can even use your phone to record a video of any process that might be complicated or something you might forget as soon as you’re on the road.
Make sure everything works before you leave and ask your dealer for a contact list for any questions you might have later on. The dealer is going to be most helpful and accommodating on the day you’re picking up your rig so take advantage of it. You will have a 2 year warranty so make sure you use it if necessary. If you are handy you might take care of some of the minor issues yourself. If you’re not, then accumulate a list and try to have them addressed during a single appointment. If you don’t get any satisfaction from your dealer then call Jayco Motorized CS directly. I purchased my new coach over 300 miles away from home and have never been back since the day I picked it up. I have only dealt with Jayco Motorized and their customer service has been excellent. Don’t be a jerk but rather be courteous and professional and they will treat you right.
Others on this forum will have many more helpful suggestions as well since there is a lot of experience out here. The only dumb question is the one you don’t ask so never hesitate. And sooner or later you will be paying it forward. Enjoy.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:18 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the Precept and to full timing.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscampsin View Post
Welcome from Wisconsin and enjoy your 2019 Precept 31UL!
Thank you!! My home state!! I知 from the Milwaukee area!! My sister and nieces live in Burlington, my dad lives way up in Eagle River and my brother and his wife are in Grafton. Side note: I miss beer battered cheese curds!!
Old 08-14-2019, 09:35 PM   #6

Thanks so much!! This is wonderful advice!! I had the idea to make some videos with my phone because my mind fails me these days. The PDI checklist is perfect!! I look forward to the lifestyle and sharing the road and campsites with people as wonderful and helpful as yourself!! Thanks again!!
Old 08-15-2019, 04:48 AM   #7

Welcome from York County, South Carolina!

2011 Jayflight X213
2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeMoontheWitch View Post
Greetings All!!! Happy to be here!! At least virtually anyways!! I just signed the papers to pick up my 2019 Precept 31UL next month!!! I知 so excited and extremely nervous all at once!! I知 going to be full timing it!! All of my friends and family think I知 absolutely bat sh*t crazy, but they already knew this!! It痴 been a dream of mine since my daughter was a wee one, now she痴 25!! Time to live the dream!! Sooooo, I知 hoping to get some advice, encouragement, reassurance, and maybe some good ole-fashioned cautionary tales of the do痴 and dont痴 ahead for my pick up day and the first few months.

I知 an auto damage appraiser by trade, so I quickly pointed out a few things to the salesman for them to address. But, I知 wondering if anyone has experienced this issues??

0. The automatic shade for the windshield was intermittent. Stopped operating half way. The switch on the driver console also got EXTREMELY HOT!!
0. The passenger front slide next to the entry door was leaking water from the top right closest to the door when the slide was retracted. I知 Sooooo thankful for Florida thunderstorms!!! Struck while we were in the parking lot looking everything over!!
0. The shower stall wall is warped at the top, pulling away from the sidewall and damaged the wallpaper a bit.
0. The microwave and light under the microwave were inoperative.
0. The generator shut off half way through our walk through. Yes, it was above 90 that day!! I saw some posts about this...
0. The dinette table is loose and coming off of the wall where the TV traverses up and down.
If any of you have any experience and wisdom to share with me, I welcome it!! Thanks again for having me!! Safe and Happy Travels to All!!
On our 2015 Precept 31UL The shower wall also was pulled away from the wall Warped at the top. I had the dealer fix it out of warranty by adding a few more screws to take out the warp and keep water from getting behind it.

Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:40 AM   #9

Precept recalls

We bought a 2019 Precept 31UL in May and love it. There have been a few recalls for that model that my dealer never told me about. Two of the most serious was windshield wiper related. I have attached a document listing all of the recalls for our motorhome.

I hope you enjoy as much as we do.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf recall all.pdf (293.4 KB, 22 views)
JB newowner is offline   Reply With Quote