Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-11-2022, 08:02 PM   #1

New or used

Is looking at a new 2022 Is Jaco 36c vs a used 2021 36U. The 36 u has had spark plug wire issues a leak at the rear axle. Some cosmetic bs. All been fixed. My wife wants the farmhouse look which the new 36c has. I'm worried about buying on the west coast and having it delivered all the way to Ocean View DE. Where do I get it serviced if these little things start happening.
Maypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:12 PM   #2

It is very rare that a dealer will do warranty work for you if you did not purchase from them.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:12 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State! Chassis issues will be dealt with at a Ford dealer, if they do work on motorhomes. Unless you can arrange for a local dealer to happily warranty or service a unit you purchased from different dealer, you may be in for an unpleasant surprise. Most dealers prioritize their customers first. Especially warranty issues. A sad but true reality.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:14 PM   #4

Bummer
Won't jayco have a approved service center coast to coast
Old 01-11-2022, 08:24 PM   #5
Site Team

Only the factory where it was made. Most brands of RV dealers aren't franchised like auto dealers. They have the right to refuse to work on units they didn't sell.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:26 PM   #6

No **** Didn't know that.
I have a good rv mechanic near Pokomoke City MD. Good guy knows his stuff. Worked on my 06 newmar
Thanks for the heads up
Old 01-11-2022, 08:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maypo View Post
No **** Didn't know that.
I have a good rv mechanic near Pokomoke City MD. Good guy knows his stuff. Worked on my 06 newmar
Thanks for the heads up
Some independent RV guys work with the various companies. It's also possible that JAYCO will reimburse you if you get the work approved first. Just remember there is no transferable factory warranty on used rigs.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:35 PM   #8

Yes Sir
Thank you
Old 01-11-2022, 10:03 PM   #9

I bought a 2021 Precept 36A last April at a Gander Rx in Texas and I live in Missouri. Had a few issues I wanted corrected so I called Jayco customer service thinking I might make a trip to the factory for them to do the work, based on a similar experience I had in 2015 with Holiday Rambler (REV group). They were booked up at least 6 months if I remember correctly and really pushed me to go to a local Camping World or Gander RV. They did say if I wanted to have the work done in Texas I would have to go back to the Gander RV where I bought it due to a no compete agreement the dealers have in Texas. Ended up scheduling service at my nearest Gander Rv which happens to be about 2 hours away in Illinois. As you will find in other threads and forums, it seems the procedure is to schedule several weeks out, and then expect them to have your unit for 2 weeks or so just to get Jayco to approve the obvious warranty work...I really can't be certain if it is the dealer or Jayco that drags their feet...probably some of both. In fairness, the dealer service departments are way, way backed up and I'm sure they are prioritizing units they sold. I don't think quality control has ever been very good at any of the manufacturers and with the demand for new builds the way they are now, I have heard (from the svc mgr) that many of the quality checks are not being done to speed up production which is making the repair lines ever longer. I've decided that small issues are just not worth the trouble of taking to the dealer, and plan on fixing myself when possible warranty or not.
Paul P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 06:37 AM   #10

Paul

Thank you for your input. I am really torn between a new(36C ) vs a 1 yo 36U . The 36 U doesn't have insta HW but it seems to have a better quality than the 36C. Need to pray on it .I will update my thread once I make my decision. The major issue is my wife wants farmhouse interior and the used 36U ISNT. Happy wife happy life
Old 01-12-2022, 07:04 AM   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Agreed on the Happy wife... but, also take into consideration that the instant water heaters have their own issues, so do some research on that as well. Not sure the brand in use on the 36c, but i've seen alot of posts on them being counter-intuitive, hard to get dialed in, waste a good bit of water getting the temp right, etc. If you're camping without a sewer hookup these things matter. Used sometimes can keep you camping more as you're not the one fixing all the little things that are not working early on. Lastly, praying about it is the best thing you can do aside from research.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:17 AM   #12

AMEN
Thank you
Old 01-16-2022, 08:29 PM   #13

We are looking for a 36C also, love the floor plan and the farmhouse interior. I will buy a new one just for the warranty.
Justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:37 PM   #14

Thanks for your input. These dealers have discounts all over the place If I buy I'll probably do the new 36c. What price do you think is fair
Old 01-17-2022, 08:32 AM   #15

Quote:
Thanks for your input. These dealers have discounts all over the place If I buy I'll probably do the new 36c. What price do you think is fair
I'm not sure if they are fair or not, but I have received several quotes around $176k.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:47 AM   #16

I better take the one in CA then. Its $150,750
Old 01-17-2022, 08:56 AM   #17

Quote:
I better take the one in CA then. Its $150,750
Yes, you better buy that one. I wish I was closer to CA.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:44 AM   #18

I'm in Delaware
Impaying to have it delivered but its like 157k in my driveway
Old 01-17-2022, 09:46 AM   #19

Quote:
I'm in Delaware
Impaying to have it delivered but its like 157k in my driveway
That's still a great deal, who is the dealer?
Old 01-17-2022, 10:10 AM   #20

Im waiting on a big commish to buy it actually. I had to sue and won. Hope to have it all done by 1.22.22

Manteca RV

Tags
new vs slightly used