Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #1

New owner with a question.

Yesterday my wife and I went to do the PDI on our 2018 Precept. It is still at the dealer so they can repair some problems. The big problem is with the driver and passenger side windows, they dont lock shut. The locking clasp hits the vertical bar of the outer frame and simply bows the slide window out. If you drive with the latch in this position it creates a loud whistle.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, what should I expect the dealer to do to fix this?
Hannagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #2

Had the same problem with our 31UL. They actually replaced the windows and this fixed the problem.
1955farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #3

You have to push them closed harder. Also the screws on the latch can be too long and need to be shortened or install shorter screws. Our windows are fine now but I had to get the drivers window replaced because it had a really loud rattle when driving.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:24 PM   #4

The whistle sound, from side window comment, is funny. Our window only whistles when it's locked! Now if only the dash would stop squeaking. :-)
Old 02-11-2018, 06:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannagan View Post
Yesterday my wife and I went to do the PDI on our 2018 Precept. It is still at the dealer so they can repair some problems. The big problem is with the driver and passenger side windows, they dont lock shut. The locking clasp hits the vertical bar of the outer frame and simply bows the slide window out. If you drive with the latch in this position it creates a loud whistle.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, what should I expect the dealer to do to fix this?
First of all welcome to being a Precept owner. All of the above have been reported. You can perform a search to find a previous discussion. In my case the window looked like it was closed and the latch appeared to be locked but not quite enough. It only occurred on the passenger side and all I had to do was give an additional push to close it completely.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Keetters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #6

We had the same problem on both sides on our 2017 Precept 35S. They replaced both windows. Also, don't be surprised if you are getting some whistle sound when the wind has a certain direction while driving. If that happens just open the latch as twdenman said in his post.
Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdenman View Post
The whistle sound, from side window comment, is funny. Our window only whistles when it's locked! Now if only the dash would stop squeaking. :-)
Jayco had to add tons of support and redo some stuff on our dash, but it is quiet now. Get in contact with Jayco CS.
dlibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:59 AM   #8

Check to verify that the window is fully closing before you latch it shut. I found that ours sometimes doesn't completely shut and I have to really close it hard to get it to work. The groove that they set in may be a little tight and just need to be worked a little.
KenAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:02 AM   #9

I would not drive it off the lot until everything is fixed.We are 28 months into ownership of a 2016 Eagle.Still have some pretty major items not repaired! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Kaibab8-16.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdenman View Post
Same with our window, have to open the latch to stop the whistle, has to do with air pressure. As for the dash squeaks I went under the dash and found the supports just laying on their sides. Put them back in place with some Marine 5200 adhesive, and added two more supports, also glued to the underside with adhesive, now just about all of the squeaking is gone, now about that door!
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote