Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2016, 09:26 AM   #1

new precept walk through reveals many problems

Papers signed May 31 for pick up June 16
Walk thru 10am
Actually in Ford cab not working
refrigerator not working properly
generator needs new starter
etc
I am so annoyed by this the dealer had 17 days to find the problem and fix it before we picked it up I had called once with no return call then I called the sales person he returned my call but you did not give me any further information as to when the RV would be fixed and ready for me to pick up I had plans that I needed to cancel because I could not pick up the RV
Your thoughts and comments are welcome Thank you
cathy.welles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:14 PM   #2

Respond

I had 45 separate issues with my unit. The dealer still has had my unit since 5/5. I suggest contact everyone up the ladder. Including Jayco and the dealer. May I ask what dealer you purchased it from? Call often, otherwise the dealer may be letting the unit sit.
P. Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:53 PM   #3

Might want to check BBB just to see if this is a reoccurring problem with that dealership or if indeed your troubles are unusual.
Equal i zer 10k w/sway control
Wife, Kid, Entlebucher
EV4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:46 AM   #4

You know it will only get worse once you finally get the coach. At bare minimum, a dealer should be hyper-focused on delivering a stellar buying experience, just like a car dealer. If they are that aloof and lackadaisical with a new purchase, imagine what they will be like when you return for warranty work. I have had a wonderful experience with my 2015 Precept 29UM, but it started with an engaged, reliable dealership.
Cycledoc675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:34 PM   #5

RV Albany
went today to pick it up
generator still will not start
we were told it was at the generator authorized shop on Monday..today is Thursday
cathy.welles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #6

I was just going to say..."sounds like RVOne". Unfortunately this is typical for them. Great price horrible service.

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:50 PM   #7

Cathy, sorry for both your vehicle and dealer issues. Hopefully get resolved to
your satisfaction. I would call Jacyo immediately. When I had initial issues with
dealer response Jacyo called dealer and helped. I worked with both Regional Sales
Mgr (Ray Byington) and Service Mgr (Mr. Johnson)...

also, please join the Precept Owners Group...

Mike
Arniesports60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:16 PM   #8

I purchased my Precept from them, They are terrible, After going back and forth on some stuff I contacted Jayco, dropped of my coach at the factory, picked it up as promised, with everything perfect.

Sorry you are having issues with RV One, they are pathetic with service, and delivery, Only good thing about them was the price. Between the great price and the service at Jayco I am a happy camper now with my 35UN
Attached Images

nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:19 PM   #9

Yup, if you can go to RV-One for the price and service direct from Jayco, that's the way to go. Service at RV-One is beyond aggravating...

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #10

RV One has no service what so ever and their new unit dealer prep is non existent. Good luck. I deal with Jayco direct. Roger Johnson has been great.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:46 PM   #11

Sorry to hear about the poor service experience. We have found once you get through the issues the enjoyment makes it worthwhile. Our purchasing dealer is 2 1/2 hours away. They have been less than helpful. The dealer south of us is 1 1/2 hours away and is continually backed up 6 to 8 weeks. We drop it off and they might get to it after that amount of wait time, so they start repairs in September!

We found an independent shop about 40 minutes away that have been helpful and deliver great service. Jayco is currently working with them to fix a slide issue. Thank you Jayco, we will be able make our planned trip now!
Old 07-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #12

If your having problems with getting warranty work done by the dealer give Jayco a call. Ask for warranty, find out who's handling your warranty claim and tell them your situation. They'll give you other shops in the general area authorized to do warranty work if it gets to that. I'm not sure about the Albany area and whats in that area. But it's worth a try if its at a stand still.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:21 PM   #13

Dear Annoyed,

These dealers only want to sell, sell, sell! In the last 2 years I purchased a brand new 2016 Thor A.C.E. and I was so disappointed with the build quality (my bad for not educating myself better) that in less than one year I traded it in on my current 2016 Precept! much better build quality. but getting back to your point.........................don't expect much from the dealers after purchase!
If I would have taken the thor back every time something was wrong it would have been in the shop more than out so I just got rid of it.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:37 PM   #14

I bring our 35S into Blade RV in Mt. Vernon, WA with a list of warranty issues and it's usually ready to pick up in two days. If they have parts to order they wait untill all parts are in and then we take it back once to have that work performed. Couldn't ask for better service. The front end needed to be aligned, so I called Jayco and they set up an authorization ticket for me to take to a a truck shop and have the alignment done. I scanned and email them the receipt and within a couple weeks I had my check. In my opinion it's a mistake to buy at these "discount" or internet dealers. Our dealer matched an internet price plus what would have been the cost of going to Indiana picking it up and travel home and we threw in $1000 for the dealer to accept the deal. Couldn't be happier.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:39 PM   #15

I think we ALL need to move to WA to get the same level of service
As Vicr! I have left numerous phone calls for my service rep at my
Local dealer without a return call. I did get ok from Jayco to be
Able to get my warranty issues handled by local RV shop vs.
Dealer

How is the weather up north Vicr?
Maybe I need to check it out as possible retirement option
From overcrowded SF Bsy Area...

Mike
Arniesports60 is offline   Reply With Quote